上一主题:how much do you think info has changed?
下一主题:Just remembered - Under the IRR method
返回列表 发帖

GIPS quiz: firm concept

Whenever an investment management firm presents its investment performance as being in compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS), it must state how it defines itself as a firm. Under GIPS, a firm may define itself for the purpose of claiming GIPS compliance using any of the following options EXCEPT when:
A) all assets are managed to one or more base currencies.

B) an investment firm, subsidiary, or division is held out to clients or potential clients as a distinct business unit.

C) the subsidiary or division of a company claims GIPS compliance when the parent company is GIPS compliant.

Kwonyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> C

Right, it is C.

A looks weird to me too.... Is it ok to define 'firm' based on the currency managed?

not sure. but I kinda ignored A because it doesn't make sense to me. I just know that C is incorrect because a sub or divi of a company can't just claim compliance if the parent is compliant.

Kwonyboy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> not sure. but I kinda ignored A because it doesn't
> make sense to me. I just know that C is incorrect
> because a sub or divi of a company can't just
> claim compliance if the parent is compliant.

Same. I chose C, but A looks very wrong to me too. Hope this type of q does not appear on June day.

A isn't wrong; it's just saying a "firm" in GIPS terminology can use multiple currencies in its management (as opposed to saying a firm had to subdivide and obtain GIPS compliance in all its currencies). So that's a true statement, and not the answer.

C

NO EXCUSES

返回列表
上一主题:how much do you think info has changed?
下一主题:Just remembered - Under the IRR method