上一主题:Calculator question
下一主题:Difference between Alpha Beta Separation and Portable Alpha Strategy
返回列表 发帖

FSA and Ethics Level I

Hi,

I'm new on this forum and this is my first message...not sure if this question has been raised already...

I'll be sitting for December Level I exam and I've bought the Schweser study notes. Apparently Ethics and FSA are the two most important part of the I level...should I study them in the original curriculum, or do you think the Shweser notes will be enough?

Tks a million!!
Stefano

do it from CFAI textbook...its the best...use schweser for other subjects besides these

Schweser is great for FSA.

As for Ethics, there is no substitute for the CFAI curriculum. Ethics only gets more and more tricky at LII and LIII. I recommend reading it carefully at the beginning of your studies, taking care to highlight/flag important sections. Then, revisit this material in the final weeks before your exam. The insight needed to answer test questions can be culled directly from ethics case studies in the curriculum.

I also recommend using the CFAI curriculum for portfolio management.

Welcome to the forum and good luck on your LI exam. You'll also find a lot of good advice (and a lot of rubbish) by using the forum's search function.

I recommend brushing up on ethics every few weeks, it's a short section but it's really important in the grand scheme of the exam. If you can get close to 100% on that part you will be at such an advantage going into the rest of the exam.

Use the CFAI texts for anything you're not perfectly clear about, and for Ethics. Schweser is useless for ethics, and they flat out tell you to use the CFAI stuff.

Sbmarti is absolutely right. Use CFAI for Ethics, you can also download the SPOH from the CFAI website, and closer to test date make sure to do the ethics test that CFAI provide for free online.

I am Dec' 09'er myself, and my strategy as of now is to hit ethics atleast once a month. Its a 2 day section, at max 3 days and I will be using it as a break from the rest of my prep, I plan to be using the the CFAI for it. During the penultimate month I guess i will read the SPOH to really ring in the section.

As far as FSA is concerned, I feel the strategy to tackle that is to do it atleast twice before heading into your final revision sessions. I have read the Scwheser notes, and all I will say is that for a section that important, it makes verry little sense to rely on a material trimmer to cover that section. Use the CFAI and get your concepts set in and use the Schweser to restrengthen and solidify those concepts, I plan to do the same atleast twice, needless to say over a shorter period of time the second time around.

Good luck for your preperation. I hope my ideas helped.

返回列表
上一主题:Calculator question
下一主题:Difference between Alpha Beta Separation and Portable Alpha Strategy