上一主题:Schweser Book 2 Exam 2 AM
下一主题:Fixed Income - CMBS Call Protection
返回列表 发帖

Is it unfair to have the candidate ID policy changed?

Not all of us have the same type of ID. I certainly have an international travel passport so it's not a big deal for me for when I write my L2 (just passed L1). But for many others, this new policy just isn't feasible, is it?

They warned everyone about it for the past two years - fair enough. If you don't have an international travel passport you don't have any business getting a CFA charter.

But more important is the integrity of the exam and the charter. In backwater countries, any other type of ID, is easily faked or even issued with a small bribe. They have to do this if they are gonna offer the exam worldwide. Hell, even the US. My friends had scannable fake ID's back in college.

In India I got a valid, photo ID driver licensed issued to me to drive cars, semis, motorcycles until 2029 just by paying an agent about 30 dollars to go sort it out. I could have just as easily submitted a different photograph of a charterholder.

They should photograph us and take palm scans as well like the GMAT now does (they first started doing it in Nigeria and India). I've heard lots of stories here in India about people being paid to sit this examination and others. If I were unethical :-), I'd pay a lot of money to have someone do it. But no Indians look like me, sadly :-) and I'm Ethical :-)

It's hard to think of anyone working in finance and never travelling abroad.

In CAIA exams, a photograph is taken of those who participate in exams.

When I did CPA, they made you provide 2 forms of ID plus a fingetprint and new picture every time.

And a seamen sample. Ok, just kidding with that one.

This is bunk! I just went to register for the Level 2 exam, and I do have a valid international travel passport, but just not on me since I'm at work at the moment; and it won't let me go forward unless I update that information on the CFAI website My Profile!

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser Book 2 Exam 2 AM
下一主题:Fixed Income - CMBS Call Protection