上一主题:Documentation after passing each Level
下一主题:Work experience- job title
返回列表 发帖

Has Anybody Used Audio Mp3 file for Studying?

I prefer to listen than read when I commute for work. Tough to hold a book and read when train is crowded(plus I get dizzy) but I got my iphone where I can use for listening to course material. I noticed Schweser has study prep in mp3 format. For anybody who used them, what's your experience so far? Does it help?

I used the audio mp3s on my work commute (bicycle...=)))). It wasn't a big focus of my studying but I said since I'll be listening to my ipod anyway I may as well use it to refresh the topics I studied during that day, (reinforce reinforce.very important).

I'm more of a visual learner so when the calculations came up I barely paid attention for longer than the beginning of a problem but for qualitative stuff like Ethics (thu boring at times) it was really good. When I got far along in the SSs I also found it very useful as a sort of reminder/review of previous SSs. Eg. when I was doing Fixed Income I would play the Quant/Econ/Ethics mp3 and it would keep the topics fresh, made my review a lot easier too esp since I only had 3 weeks of testing/review.

I also didn't have to re-read the Ethics from CFAI beause of the audio files. I ended up getting >70% on everything except AI & Derivatives which was actually all part of the plan anyway (only 20 questions afterall).

I would say get it if you think you need/will find it useful, it certainly doesn't hurt to try it out and you can reassess afterward.

返回列表
上一主题:Documentation after passing each Level
下一主题:Work experience- job title