上一主题:q98 - schweser book 2, afternoon exam 1
下一主题:Multiple R squared
返回列表 发帖

MNC research or sell side analyst

I am CFA charterholder, currently working in a MNC as a research manager. The company is very stable, never/ not usually layoff people. Many people work till retirement. Not much workload here. But the salary is not high at all. The company freezes my salary for many years.

Now a medium size local financial company offer me an AVP post in research, with 16% salary increment. Should I make the switch ?

Want to hear what others think. Any input appreciate ?? Is financial company staff turnover very high, layoff people easily? I have no experience in working in financial company at all.

You have been given an American call option in the money and you are scared of taking it. A company that recruits during a downturn is not likely to lay off during a boom...

nice analogy

I'd jump.

Thanks all for the inputs.

One more question. They now offer me 16% increment on my current basic salary + discretionary bonus.

The MNC I am currently work with usually provides extra one month discretionary bonus per year (almost fixed, doesn't vary according to economic conditions). As I have no experience in working in any financial company, does anyone have idea how many months a financial company usually pay on discretionary bonus. Would that be more than one month ?

Are you in Asia? That fixed one month extra "bonus" sounds like an Asian thing--I've heard friends in Asia getting that. Anyway I agree with everyone here. Take it.

Yes from Asia.

By the way "discretionary bonus" means it's discretionary, which means it could be 0 or it could be 200% of your base salary. During the normal times banks can easily pay out 100% of base salary as bonus (couple of years ago 1st year analysts were getting 60k base + 60k bonus). But you said the new offer is from a local financial services company, so I'm not sure if it works the same way in Asia, unless it's global pay...

Thanks balletsh0es.

I think it works the same way in Asia but in terms of months. A friend of mine working in a local bank saying that they got 10 months+ bonus per year in normal times.

返回列表
上一主题:q98 - schweser book 2, afternoon exam 1
下一主题:Multiple R squared