上一主题:I wonder if I should have studied more IPS cases
下一主题:Life/Non-Life - Taxes
返回列表 发帖

Career advice

Hi,guys,just wondering if someone here can help me with the career down the road.

I got both CFA and FRM but don't see good opportunities in the current firm(non-financial industry company).

I am in Toronto,Canada. Can someone provide me with any advice on how to get back to financial industry? If you happen to know someone (i.e. headhunter or vacant positions in Bay street,etc), would you please share with me that information as well?

Greatly appreciate it.

FRMer - here is my 2 cents:

1. Hit up Doostang and other job boards - be disciplined and set a rule for yourself - for example, send out 10 resumes a day.

2. Start contacting your network of friends. That means former coworkers, friends from school, etc. Contact your school and start looking at alumni directories - contact people, setup calls, etc. Use linkedin in to see what people are doing.

#2 will be the most important IMHO - especially b/c you're changing industries. Despite the fact you don't have "relevant" experience, you're gonna have to believe that somebody will hire you because you are smart and they like you (or somebody they know likes you or for some random reason, like you went to the same school, etc.).

Thanks Wangta01, it is quite encouraging.

I believe you have finance background due to you got both CFA and FRM.

So it should not be difficult for you to get a job in financial industry.

Just send out your resume and waiting...

返回列表
上一主题:I wonder if I should have studied more IPS cases
下一主题:Life/Non-Life - Taxes