上一主题:Receivable securitization
下一主题:Capitalization - Cash flow from Operations
返回列表 发帖

Should I take the exam in Dec or June

I began studying about 2 weeks ago, I'm almost through the first of 5 Schweser Books. For the most part I understand it so far except for probability concepts. I have a background with finance classes in college. I can devote around 2-3 hours of studying each night. Is there enough time to learn the material for the December exam? Also, for those who have used it, is the Qbank worth it? If I were to buy it now it would expire in December.

yes go for it....

Qbank is always a good bang for the buck.

With constant dedication of 2-3 hours per night, you're looking good. Remember to spend the last month doing mock exams.

A tip on probability. It is astoundingly tough to understand especially the hypothesis testing questions. Lots of candidates tend to forgo this section which I am against with. The study material may be hard but for the real exam, they are quick points because the questions are structured in a way you could answer in a minute.

Q Bank is worth it, but don't get caught up in the number crunching. They want to test you if you know the concepts, not the plug and chug.

And another tip on probabilities.

Use diagrams. I had awful problems until I started sketching stuff like Bayes Theorem. It becomes very easy and logical then.

You can def do the exam in Dec. Plenty of time.

For the probability stuff, don't get hung up on it. The Qbank is good but I think some the questions I recall from it were more crunch intensive than the exam, but if you know the theory its still great practice.

While you might be able to skirt through a solid foundation on these subjects will really help you in other areas going forward that can tie back into the prob and stat on a whim.

try picking up a cartoon guide to probability and statistics.

Also. My personal tip for bayes theorem is to always draw decision trees.

dtrynoski Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I began studying about 2 weeks ago, I'm almost
> through the first of 5 Schweser Books. For the
> most part I understand it so far except for
> probability concepts. I have a background with
> finance classes in college. I can devote around
> 2-3 hours of studying each night. Is there enough
> time to learn the material for the December exam?
> Also, for those who have used it, is the Qbank
> worth it? If I were to buy it now it would expire
> in December.

Regardless of what all others might say, I would suggest you not to register for this exam too soon.Rather register at the last possible date.Till then read the stuff and then make your own decision.

The fact that you are asking this question raises a doubt in my mind.

And how many courses have you taken in finance.

The harder the battle , the sweeter the victory.

Qbank is not just good, it is essential - the more questions the better!

Go for December, I'm only really starting now as well but more of a revision for me I suppose

返回列表
上一主题:Receivable securitization
下一主题:Capitalization - Cash flow from Operations