上一主题:Components in FSA terms
下一主题:Recapture depreciation
返回列表 发帖

Review Strategy?

Hey guys,

I just finished my first pass of all the Elan materials for L1. My process was to read the each chapter, take notes, then do all of the EOC questions in official cirriculum.

What strategies for reviewing would you guys recommend? I was planning on skimming through each chapter, re-doing the EOC questions, and then maybe incorporating some of the Elan guide question pack as well.....

Thanks!

i kept reading schweser (elan in your case) till the day of the exam, over and over again
and it paid off

i suggest you get your hands on schweser mock exams volume one, take one exam...
see you do, i was getting 80-85 on them, and got > 70 on all topics on L1

read material, take another exam...

repeat...

Thanks ahmad, that's really helpful

grharmeyer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks ahmad, that's really helpful

any time, i get satisfaction out of helping other, else why would i do it lol...
so at the end of the day, anything we do is driven by self interest (Adam Smith righ there)

so anytime any of the level 1s wants to ask something drop me an email ( its public )

to add something off the top of my head, i did the free elan mock, i found it closest to the real cfa exam than the schweser and even the CFAI mocks !!!

they gave me a percentile position compared to others, mine was 92%
i say shoot to be in the top 30%
pass rate was 36%, we assume it can become 30%
also people taking the elan mock are preparing more than the avg guy
so if your in the top 30% of that sample, i think you would be good

ahmadmadoff,

i will be done with the elan guides in the following 2 wks and i wanted to know the efficient way to review too. So far i have watched all the elan videos, then i read the elan notes taking EOC from CFAI and elan practice questions at the end of each reading. You mentioned reading it over and over, but wouldn't this just make me waste time on re-reading things that i am familiar with well? When you say read the material over what do you exactly mean?

Cool, I guess i'll just keep reading!

"i will be done with the elan guides in the following 2 wks and i wanted to know the efficient way to review too. So far i have watched all the elan videos, then i read the elan notes taking EOC from CFAI and elan practice questions at the end of each reading. You mentioned reading it over and over, but wouldn't this just make me waste time on re-reading things that i am familiar with well? When you say read the material over what do you exactly mean?"

no two people are the same. So when I give advice I am saying what I did and what works, each of the 20000 people that passed this year has his own thing!

By reading over and over this is what I meen.

I passed Level 1 in December, I aced it. If I took it again today, there is a chance I would fail it!

The fact is a lot of the stuff is memory, I personaly don't like to think I "memorize". But I keep reading and reading till the stuff sinks in.

If I was taking the exam in June, and I stopped reading and just did questions, I would forget a lot of stuff. So up untill the day before I kept on reading and doing an ocassional mock.

Remmber guys, no secret formula, and people have passed with evey possible method. vids only, notes only, kept talking it till the finaly pass lol....

Find what you are comfortable with, and put a lot of hours into it, the odds are you will pass

Since you are through with the material,you have time at your disposal. revise each chapter using notes, CFAI summary with CFAI EOC.Focus on the ones you got wrong.Skip the videos.You could get Elan Question Bank.I found it useful when i studied.Elan had 3 mocks.They are very close to CFAI exam.and yes do not forget to refer to errata for CFAI and Elan.

After you have revised once, take one Elan mock. Review your right and wrong answers and reason you got them right or wrong.guessing the right answer is not the same as answering it correctly.Review your weak areas and take the second mock,repeat review and finally the CFAI mock repeat review.Take the 3rd Elan mock only if you want to.too many mocks don't help as much as review of weak areas.

Keep reviewing the material.3 months is long enough to forget.Writing down formulas makes it easier to remember them.You should do well.

Good Luck.

Thanks confused....this helps a lot. I was tempted to jump right into the Mock after finishing my first pass, but now that I'm reviewing, I realize I would have done awful on the Mock because I forgot so much stuff. Will plan on taking mock #1 after finishing up my 2nd pass through everything.

11th Hour Guide plus Elan's mock exams. Two best review tools around.

I've also heard good things about the 7city and BSAS mocks

返回列表
上一主题:Components in FSA terms
下一主题:Recapture depreciation