上一主题:June 2011 Sample Exams Available
下一主题:how to use an ANOVA table ?
返回列表 发帖

calculation portion

I always loved the hype in AF a few days before the battle, thanks guys for all the tips, mnemonics and jokes. Seeing you guys so fired up always bring me back into the game when I'm motivationless.

Anyway, I have been studying a lot since February, while practicing very little. Been reading CFAI 3 times (yeah, call me a geek, but I could'nt retain almost a single thing when I started the second one), creating my own notes and memorizing AM type materials in the past weeks. My lazyass just keep feeding me with reasons not to do many practice qns (Like CFAI won't ask the same type qns anyway - last year Level 2 derivative trauma). I only did EOC once, and feeling that most topics are not even covered there (my gosh, even there is no micro + macro attribution calculation).

Today I plan to drill 2008-2010 mocks and 2011 samples. I know I should have done it earlier, but I studied and formed understanding with focus in exam type qns. I transformed my desktop and dashboard (yeah, it's a mac) into two full of sticky notes containing small painful stuffs type of materials which CFAI tend to ask.

I especially not too ready with high level calculation (cash&carry arb, performance attribution, return decomposition, commodity swap and a few other derivative stuffs). I will be able to perform calculations in the basic way, but certainly not full credit on difficult never-seen-before type.

Hence my question, based on past exams, how many % of the exam both AM & PM involves calculation? I certainly do not want my odds to be too little and I do hope so bad that this week will be the last week I spent studying for CFA exam.

Thanks comrades!

Maybe 20-25%.

NO EXCUSES

返回列表
上一主题:June 2011 Sample Exams Available
下一主题:how to use an ANOVA table ?