上一主题:put call parity
下一主题:Why are tariffs inefficient?
返回列表 发帖

quant: sample exam: two tail test and 95% significance

the question about "
exhibit 2 and two tail t-test to deterine if the coefficients are equal to zero, at the 0.05 significance level, ....

is it is at 0.05 significance level should we also accept Hull hyp for intercept=0? as its p-value >0.025? Thanks.

i was actually a little bit confused about the solution too. I would use p-value < 0.025 for 95% CI 2-tail, but CFAI used p < 0.05

p-value is to be compared to alpha (level of significance)....if it's a 5% signficance level, p-value needs to <0.05

two tail tests simply have alpha/2 on each tail...but p-value is still compared to alpha

If you look at the table, a one sided at 95 gives the same t value as a two sided at 90.

For this reason, the p-value for a one sided 5% sig will never be the same as a two-sided at 5% sig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 11:16AM by CFA_Chap.

so for a two tailed test, if it is 5% significance level, and p-value is 0.04, than reject Ho?
or if p-value is 0.015, then we could reject H0?
which value p-value should compare against ? 5% or 2.5% in two tail test? Thanks.
MFIN--- Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> p-value is to be compared to alpha (level of
> significance)....if it's a 5% signficance level,
> p-value needs to <0.05
>
> two tail tests simply have alpha/2 on each
> tail...but p-value is still compared to alpha

good question.. i guess we apply p less than <0.025 ... can anyone confirm?

the cfai sample used p<0.05 for a 95% CI, 2 tail. is this wrong?

except you likely wouldn't be testing the intercept?
not sure if I agree with your post... but i think you get the basic idea

double checked with 2 economics major students, we look at p < 0.05 even if its 2 tail.

thanks everyone!

返回列表
上一主题:put call parity
下一主题:Why are tariffs inefficient?