上一主题:Percentiles
下一主题:for those who will pass and move on to next lvl...
返回列表 发帖

Business School for Investment Management?

Any business schools with a particularly strong reputation for investment management? I haven't found any specific rankings for this by the popular ranking institutions.

Based on your experience where are the recruiters hiring from? Which schools have strong student funds where I could get involved?

I spent 3 years in Investment Banking at a small regional firm, and 2 months ago changed jobs to become a corporate financial analyst for a healthcare/real estate company. I know my work experience will be a hindrance to be competitive at a top tier school, but I did get a 760 on my GMAT and will hopefully be a CFA charterholder come application time this fall which will hopefully set me apart from the crowd (do business schools even care?). Looking for the best MBA I can get, and one that will allow me to land a position at a strong asset management firm.

Investment management is quite a wide definition. DE Shaw, Blackstone, some ETF, or some pension fund are all part of investment management. But they all are very different. Even roles within each can be very different. Some roles require PhD, some MBA, some Masters, some a high school degree with a good track record.

If you go to top 10, it doesn't matter. Columbia/Wharton/Chicago/NYU are prolly better since they are more finance oriented. Harvard is best for PE. Stanford is great for VC especially in tech obviously.

How about volunteer/charity work? Do you have a good personal "story"? Do you know why you need MBA? For investment management MBA is not always the best thing.

Work experience is all about how you present it and what difference you really have made.

Hope that helps.

The Derrick Zoolander School of Investment Management and other number related things

Shrute Farms Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Derrick Zoolander School of Investment
> Management and other number related things

The center needs to be at least...... 3 times the size of this

All the usual suspects--Wharton, Booth, Columbia etc. But like what everyone said, it depends on what kind of investment management you are looking at. Harvard is not known as a finance school per se but if you get in, go.

As someone with 2 years of commercial banking experience and was admited into Chi, I am curious to ask why would you say your work experience would be a hinderance at a top-tier B-school. Dude, you have a great GMAT score. Assume your GPA is in the 3s, have decent leadership/EC experience, and most importantly, put together good essays, you are in good shape IMO.

Dear Justin7635:

Hope you are doing well!

We currently offer the best Investment Management in the world at an undisclosed location. Your GMAT score must be at least 300 and you must pay for the entire program in advance. The program will teach you how your investment portfolio can continue to grow regardless of the movement and direction of the market. To qualify, you must lack due diligence skills and basically be a borderline moron. Please do not apply if you have heard of the name Harry Markopolos. Being a Jewish living in NY will increase your chances of an admission.

To reiterate, the fees for the entire program must be paid in advance.

I'm glad I could be of help in your search the best Investment Management program.

Your Sincerely,

Bernie Madoff
Butner Federal Correctional Complex
North Carolina
Email: Bernie@FUfinancial.com
Toll-Free: 1-900-YOU-SUCK

返回列表
上一主题:Percentiles
下一主题:for those who will pass and move on to next lvl...