上一主题:Ben Jones
下一主题:Calculating the score?
返回列表 发帖

Elan cursus and questions

Is tehre any other section other than ethics that people who used Elan would suggest to study from the CFA books instead because Elan would not cover it all.
What about the quality of the 2000 questions I have done them for quants and they seem to miss some key concepts. One of the fiew examples ==> spearman rank formula, equal and unequal variances calculations (pooled variances and not pooled). other sunject weak on elan quants are all the biases, the monte Carlo, Back Testing, VAR.

So far, I have only gone through Ethics (CFA books) and quants (Elan). Other reason why I think Elan is a little weaker is that I only did ok on CFA EOC questions 75-80% but after finishing ethics and quant I just did a 3 days review to go back over all the personal notes I had taken for the first 3 study sessions and after the review I took all of the elan questions for each reading (about 200 questions) and did extremely well (>90%) so I really think they are way easier.

I've only used the CFA books for Ethics, summaries and E0C questions. I only used Schweser for my Dec attempt and now using Elan for June.

You're fine with using either really though I would give Elan the edge. The point of study guides is to focus on what you need to know and to explain the material very concisely and clearly which they do really well. For eg you really do not need to know how to calculate the pooled variance etc. The LOS are very clear on that.

You have started early and are apparently doing a very thorough job so far. Keep it up and you'll be fine. Just do ethics from the cfa books and the rest you should be fine with a prep provider.

返回列表
上一主题:Ben Jones
下一主题:Calculating the score?