上一主题:FSA question on equity
下一主题:Which Assumption to use for which calculation
返回列表 发帖

Time management

I am not able to manage my time very well during exam. I mean I am finishing the exam but right on time so kind of concerned. I was expecting at least a lead of half an hr in CFAI mocks as I thought they were relatively easier but even in CFAI mocks I hardly had 10 mins left. FRA is the main problem which takes long time for me. Normally, I take lead of at least 5-10 questions after finishing ethics, quants and econ but FRA sucks all my time and last 40 questions I attempt in panic because of not enough time, so odds for getting questions wrong becomes very likely. Do you guys follow any specific time saving strategy that you are able to finish the exam in 2.15 hrs?

I know but most of the mocks have last section very easy and I was able to complete just because I was able to gain some time in corp finance which is mostly theory, PM and equity, after spending complete two hours reaching till FRA. I think I figured it out and in my last mock I did pretty well. Strategy is just attempt as fast as possible, rather than thinking twice about getting the question right or wrong. I took a pretty good lead in my last mock but could finish only in due time as last sections were really tough. Now if I had approached like earlier, probably I wouldn't have finished it at all.

sgupta0827 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know but most of the mocks have last section
> very easy and I was able to complete just because
> I was able to gain some time in corp finance which
> is mostly theory, PM and equity, after spending
> complete two hours reaching till FRA. I think I
> figured it out and in my last mock I did pretty
> well. Strategy is just attempt as fast as
> possible, rather than thinking twice about getting
> the question right or wrong. I took a pretty good
> lead in my last mock but could finish only in due
> time as last sections were really tough. Now if I
> had approached like earlier, probably I wouldn't
> have finished it at all.

When I get stuck on a question - say I got an answer that's not there in the options or I am not sure and want to relax my mind and think hard - I dont waste my time... I mark the question and move ahead... I come back to it at the end and then more often than not I am relaxed, I have plenty time remaining so things click... but I do this for not more than 3-4 questions... Also, I do ethics at the end since it is my weakest area... when the rest of the test is done to my satisfaction, I can take my time with ethics questions....

返回列表
上一主题:FSA question on equity
下一主题:Which Assumption to use for which calculation