上一主题:Schweser vs CFA books
下一主题:R39 Risk Management - Error - Schweser
返回列表 发帖

Memory Shortcuts - Ethics

Someone posted a while back this shortcut which I found very helpful!

CFA's 7 Standards of Professional Conduct:
"Professional Investors Don't Disclose Internal Confidential Relationships"

(P)rofessionalism
(I)ntegrity of Capital Markets
(D)uties to Clients
(D)uties to Employers
(I)nvestment Analysis, Recommendations, and Actions
(C)onflicts of Interest
(R)esponsibilities as a CFA Institute Member or CFA Candidate

Does anyone have a memory shortcut for the code of ethics? I'm trying to come up with one but can't think of anything....

Try to get a "feeling" for the right answers - your gut should tell you whether a particular action is in violation or not. Memorizing like hell probably also works well, but there will always be questions you won't recognize or where your memory doesn't serve you well..

I dont think you need to memorize this stuff. All the mock exam questions specifically stated which standard they were alluding to.

I believe you do have to memorize the standards and code of ethics. Q#8 in Schweser test 3 PM part proves my point. I'm not saying you have to memorize the specific letter corresponding to each standard, just the standards themselves and code of ethics.

This came from investopedia:

Here is an easy way to glue these concepts to your memory: PEJMAR

?Priority – Your interests always come second to your clients.
?Encourage – Practice and encourage others to act professionally and ethically to reflect credit on yourself and the profession.
?Judgment – use reasonable care and judgment when performing all professional activities.
?Maintain – keep your knowledge up to date and encourage other professionals to do the same.
?Actions – employ integrity, competence, diligence, and respect in an ethical manner with everyone.
?Rules – promote the integrity of capital markets by following the rules.

as a level 3 candidate, i can tell you you're wasting your time with this. they will always test specific standards and give the name and number.

the code of conduct is not really tested--too vague.

focus on FRA haha.

I agree that we don't need to memorize the standards, but I am memorizing the code based on the practice qu's I have seen.

I need to figure out a way to memorize when:
you have to tell your employer, when you have to tell clients, when you don't have to tell employer, when you don't have to tell clients, when you need written permission, etc...

返回列表
上一主题:Schweser vs CFA books
下一主题:R39 Risk Management - Error - Schweser