上一主题:Questions Rejected for Inclusion on The CFA Exam
下一主题:Interactive Excel Valuation Models
返回列表 发帖

CFA Level 1 December 2011

Hi all, I'm starting this thread for all those who will take the CFA Level 1 Exam in December 2011.

I start with my query:

I want to know how to go about the preparation?

Shall I study from Schweser Notes first and then from the curriculum or shall it be the other way round?

BTW, I don't have the curriculum with me yet. When it comes to detailed material, all I have right now are the Wiley Investment Series books.

Somebody please advice.

Regards,

Prashant

Hi,
is there any "Virtual classes study groups" for CFA where we can meet and talk on CFA?
I started one on Wiziq.

Best of Luck for the exams...
Please share in your progress and targets as well...

You should also look into Analyst Notes. They have the hardest mocks in the business. And a lot of them. Also for $60, pretty cost effective. They might scare you by thinking you are underprepared but they try and really make you think.

Do Ethics last.

Don't memorize formulas, learn what they're expressing and how to calculate what you're after. Become so comfortable with the ideas behind them you can re-create the formulas. You'll need all your memory for all the GAAP vs. IFRS junk. :-(

Do Schweser and CFAI text concurrently. Honestly, I learned the most reading the poorly written books with several questions. Then Schweser explained the questions as I read them following the study session.

Also,
Make yourself a reward system. I used this...

18 study sessions, about 17 shots in a 750ml bottle of whisky. Take yourself a shot after you feel you've mastered each session. It's a good hurt.

Study from whichever source you deem fit.My suggestion use CFAI books exclusively for Ethics.For other subjects use schweser,Elan Stalla whatever.Do the CFAI EOCs if you use a prep provider. Do the mocks and also CFAI mock. Do practise questions.

andytrader Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You should also look into Analyst Notes. They
> have the hardest mocks in the business. And a lot
> of them. Also for $60, pretty cost effective.
> They might scare you by thinking you are
> underprepared but they try and really make you
> think.

AnalystNotes is OK for Level I, but I wouldn't use it for Level II.

返回列表
上一主题:Questions Rejected for Inclusion on The CFA Exam
下一主题:Interactive Excel Valuation Models