上一主题:efficient frontier and reducing standard deviation
下一主题:Is there ranking system in CFA?
返回列表 发帖

Anybody going for CPA as the next adventure?

Anybody going for CPA as the next adventure?

Only if i were trying to figure out a deceptive way to convince my wife to divorce me.

i took it 17 yrs ago when i graduated college and only passed 1 part. if i remember correctly (and i am sure things have changed) there are 4 parts and you need to pass at least 2 to retain them. i never retook it. if you are not an accounting major it would be very difficult to learn. But i think the cfa was tougher.

bobg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> CFA is harder
> than CFA

This is true.

mwvt9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> bobg Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > CFA is harder
> > than CFA
>
> This is true.

I disagree. I think CFA<CFA<CFA

Anyone who does CPA after completing CFA will think it's a walk in the park (assuming you have at least some accounting background). I finished the CPA in 2006 before embarking on the CFA.

It's four sections, which you can take one at a time. All you have to do is pass all four within 18 months. Most people can pass by studying for each section for one month, taking the exam, and then maybe taking one month off.

Studying is not nearly as intense as the CFA. The toughest section would be financial accounting. Got to know your debits and credits for that one. Reg/tax isn't too bad. Business/econ is pretty straightforward. Auditing really isn't too tough either.

返回列表
上一主题:efficient frontier and reducing standard deviation
下一主题:Is there ranking system in CFA?