上一主题:Secret Sauce or 11th Hr or Schweser Final Review
下一主题:The reason why we can't discuss exam questions
返回列表 发帖

bchad feeling generous to L1ers in NY

I posted this in General Discussion first, but someone pointed out that it is better posted here and I agree...

---

I am in a good mood today and have decided I would be willing to sit somewhere for a day or two next week (probably Tuesday, but Monday afternoon or Wednesday is also possible) and help tutor anyone who stops in with whatever questions they might have about L1 studies.

My best topics are typically quant, econ, PM, and equity valuation, but I can also manage most of corpfin, fixed income, ethics, and derivatives.

I'm weak on FSA, but am happy to give it my best shot as long as you realize that I'm not promising anything on FSA other than a sincere attempt to remember it correctly.

This would be somewhere in New York/Manhattan. I'm drawing a blank on where would a good place to do this. NYSSA is one location, but non-members would have trouble getting there. Libraries are another possibility (SIBL on 34th and Madison?), but I'm concerned that librarians would constrain our ability to talk. Perhaps a Pain Quotidien at one of the common tables?

How many would be interested in this if I committed to it? And any suggestions on locale?

Actually, if there was high demand for Sunday, and we converge on a place in time... I think I could do that too.

Yes, I do have the charter, for those who wonder. I took L1 in 2006.

---

This is a win-win situation, but I should add that it is not absolutely 100% selfless.

For those who want to know my motives

1) I am a former teacher and genuinely enjoy teaching

2) Teaching this stuff helps keep me sharp(e)

3) I'm always looking to expand the base of potential clients and contacts. Today's student could be tomorrow's client, or tomorrow's client's employee. I don't know who it will be, but it's always good for business to get out there and mix.

DAmn, Bchad is cool too. Wish I was in NYC...

"good personality ... or he was known as Lt. Mandingo during his army days."

this is a great opportunity for anyone in NYC.

返回列表
上一主题:Secret Sauce or 11th Hr or Schweser Final Review
下一主题:The reason why we can't discuss exam questions