上一主题:Ethics-compensation
下一主题:Work experience and application
返回列表 发帖

Online Classes

I am re-taker for 2011 (band 6).

I realize that i must change my study plan as doing the same thing and expecting different results if f'ing nuts.

Has anyone taken the online classes (specifically schweser)? If so, would you recommend them?

Thanks!

i passed this year on my 3rd try...the 1st and 2nd time i signed up for the schweser online class...i didn't like it at all...i found the instructor to be ok at best...he would sometimes get confused and have to correct what he was saying which was very annoying. ironically this year i only used cfai and my old schweser notes and i passed. if it helps you keep on track then yeah the course is ok...but i don't think i got much out of it.

what really helped was reading cfai, and doing lots of questions. i know some people have said they don't like qbank for L3 but i thought it helped me practice and do loads of questions and reinforce concepts.

Yeah, I did not use CFAI texts except for EOC questions. That's what I'm going to do differently this year.

I used Stalla lecture videos (not the online classes, since the videos let you study at your own pace and without internet connection) and found them to be amazing in putting all the concepts together. I've always studied 3rd party (from schweser, Q-bank and secret sauce is were very helpful. From Stalla, lecture videos/notes are a must!) and I've never opened a CFAI text and still passed it all. There are many people that have passed with 3rd party providers so I don't know what is with all the "you have to read CFAI text to pass". There ARE other ways/methods of passing this and many have done it.

You can pass this test using CFAI, Schweser, or Stalla and its more about the time you put to study learning the concepts and sometimes luck on what shows up on the exam that determine that pass or fail.

返回列表
上一主题:Ethics-compensation
下一主题:Work experience and application