上一主题:Any one try to sell their 2011 curriculum?
下一主题:How the corner portfolios are determined ?
返回列表 发帖

Notes as you go or read to get through the material?

I am almost done with the first Schwester book and just finished Sampling and Estimation. This is the first reading I did not take extensive notes on. I sort of just read everything through once and tried to take it in without taking notes, and then did the concept checkers at the end immediately after. I was able to get through the reading much faster this way, obviously. I have heard from some people not to stress on the reading much, just to get through it so you have more time at the end for problems and tests to review.

Anyways my question is are people taking extensive notes as they go or are they just reading to try and get through the bulk of the information. I just am starting to think it may be a waste of time especially with the Schweser Secret Sauce book which is basically a completely condensed version of all the notes books.

Thanks.

Since you have time and are likely to go through the material more than once, I can suggest this:

First pass: Read and mark in the material/text book.
Second Pass: Self notes on all important points and mistakes in EoC / chapter ends.
Final pass: Condense 2nd pass notes to only those concepts that are difficult & you are likely to forget or you keep on forgetting.

Day before the exam flick thru the final pass. Its your customized secret sauce, better than any provider given material.

I skipped second pass as I didn't have the time. I went thru all underlines I made in the first pass and made abt 5 pages of key points per book. On T-1 I just referred to this.

Mileage varies for everyone, so its best to find what suits you.

cheers and ATB

everyone is different. i never liked writing notes, not even in college or school, so i havent bothered writing any for level 1 or level 2. i jst read the material and solve questions. thats it.

Yeah everyones different. Im making notes from the videos and the study notes in the 11th hour guide as a go along. Thats what some friends recommended and I think its quite effective.

thanks people... yeah i do kind of like taking notes, but i just don't really think its worth its while... specially at the end from what i've heard its much more worth it to be doing as many problems as possible than re reading things

The act of making notes itself helped me more than actually reviewing them. It was just another way to imprint information. I made notes for all three levels but rarely reviewed them -- near the end, I just did problems and practice exams.

^ This is mostly the reason why making notes is worthwhile.

when you read, you read it and move on. By making notes, you're forcing yourself to repeat it in your mind, sometimes more than once, and to many people, that extra review lets you retain info better.

But I can definitely say, If you starting reading a book, and go through book 2, 3, etc.. by the time you finish the last book, you won't remember the majority of Book 1 anymore.

返回列表
上一主题:Any one try to sell their 2011 curriculum?
下一主题:How the corner portfolios are determined ?