上一主题:计量的问题
下一主题:Easy question about depreciation
返回列表 发帖

Which Topics for CFAI or Schweser?

Hi guys,

I just passed CFA Level I and I enrolled for Level II.

I will begin to study for this exam and I would to know, in your opinion, which topics (or study sessions) should I study with CFAI and which topic should I study with Schweser??

With my level I experience I would say :

Ethics/Quants : CFAI
Economics : depends on study sessions
FRA : CFAI
Equity : Schweser
Corporate : Schweser
FI : depends on study sessions
Derivates : CFAI
Portfolio Management : Schweser

What's your opinion?

Many thanks in advance,

Ethics-Soft Dollars: CFAI
Ethics-Others: Same as L1
Quants : Schweser, if already covered in your undergrad.
Economics : Schweser
FRA : CFAI
Equity : CFAI
Corporate : CFAI (swtich to Schweser for Corp Governance)
FI : CFAI
Derivates : CFAI
Portfolio Management : Schweser
Alt Inv : Ideally CFAI but very less weight in exam, so Schweser

Basic Idea is, stuff that are really gonna be your bread n butter in professional life - Do from CFAI.

Not sure if you need to read CFAI text for any topic (barring Ethics of course). But ensure that you do EOCs for all topics twice. Stay away from Q Banks.

Anupamjain008, stay away from which Q banks? schweser?
I just passed L1 as well and researching what to use for L2. Any ideas? I have 2011 Schweser L2 books (no qbank).
What do you think of Stalla and Elan? Should I buy it? Which Q banks and mocks are the best for L2?

Cheers

Absolutely totally stay away from any QBanks.

- Elan did not provide the Q Bank for L2 last year so noone would know.

- Schweser Q Bank experience has been horrible for most folks around here. It does not prepare you for the format in which questions are asked and tests you on a lot of topics repeatedly that are very easy, unlike the exam.

- Stalla - I had the Q Bank in 2011, tried it for a few topics but left it immediately as I realized soon that it is no better than Schweser. The strategy has worked for me.

EOCs is truly representative of how questions are asked on the exam and they test you on topics which are likely to come up. If you have time left after doing these twice, then I suggest you to look at CFAI Mocks/Samples and leave any Q Banks altogether.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, August 8, 2011 at 02:16AM by anupamjain008.

返回列表
上一主题:计量的问题
下一主题:Easy question about depreciation