返回列表 发帖

Before the passers are gone...

This is not a "what did you do" thread or typical "which is better" thread.

I have always used schweser Qbank and study materials with the CFA texts and EOC's. Did any of you guys use Stalla and find it better by comparison? Is there anything you thing is better than those two that really helped you? I realize that Qbank isn't as useful at this level, but it is fine for doing drills and I'm trying to find things that you thought were closer to the real deal, particularly in depth, etc...

Most of you know I've already done L3, unsuccessfully I might add, so this isn't a noob asking q's straight outta the L2 forum, but instead I'm trying to tweak my game from last year and get a little input on things you liked....

Thanks in advance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 09:13PM by rolo550.

skip QBank, memorize CFAI examples and EOC's. Get Schweser video and quicksheet to help with the big picture. It sort of worked for me in 2011 with a bit of luck too. Doing mock will help with the format too (I kinda skipped this for L3, as a result I had to rewrite answers in AM)

I was also a band 9 failer last year - sucked hardcore. I realized that the material is so open-ended that there is no way to drill for it, so *any* Qbank-type deal is going to have limited effectiveness.

So what I did was - after reading them through several times - take my Schweser books and clip out the blue examples and the end of chapter summaries and reduce Xerox it down to two stapled packets. One of them had all the textual outlines, the other had all the examples to go through it.

Then I'd page through it every time I got a spare moment, in addition to rereading the text. Over and over I went through the examples till I had a firm grasp on every sort of question I'd need.

It wasn't a pretty pass - you can search up my score - but I didn't do an insane amount other than this and I didn't freeze up on any questions.

I just used Schweser and Qbank. Never opened CFAI text.

Guys, I really appreciate your comments, and I am certainly clear about the weaknesses and limited effectiveness of using practice questions like Qbank. I also understand the EOC's and CFAI texts and mocks are a must. I like the schweser summaries idea as well. I also think I'm going to do the creighton bootcamp.

Specifically, though, I was looking to see what question drillers people like best, given my limited experience with everything but schweser. Sometimes its nice to just be able to burn through some Q's for extra highlighting of weak points.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 09:28PM by rolo550.

I failed and wished I used some Qbank for PM section as there were many questions asking some random formulas..

use your old notes, do EOC's, the blue box examples in the text are vital, and old CFAI exams (go back as far as you can get your hands on) for IPS is the best practice. You can sink endless $$ into this test, but what I learned from my 1st fail is this: AM is about time management. Flip the f'n page if you don't know something b/c you need to jam along or your dead. You will lose points, but don't get bogged down on something that you don't know. PM- if you do EOC's, blue boxes, and some practice tests/mocks, you'll be great. Spend the time, learn what you were weak on, fill in the gaps, and you'll pass next year. I didn't re-buy schweser, used 2010 and 85% of the stuff is the same. Qbank for L3 I thought was awful. Used in 2010 on my fail, didn't find value. Make a formula sheet and learn what you need to. Qbank is a L3 waste of $$, IMO. The CFAI texts are all you need if you have a basic foundation and/or notes already.

Good luck re-takers. I failed every level of this test once, so I'm a 3/6... but at the end of the day, I just got my 3 letters. That's what counts. Stay at it. It's a marathon.

i would like to emphasize one thing............your conditioning come game day.......i mean both mentally n physcially .......a lot o people end up not being at ther best or slow off the blocks ......

I passed and I used Finquiz I have some mixed opinions on them, lots of eratta and they pound lots of obscure LOS's. If I had to do for the first time I'd say, do all of the LOS's and examples, I'd pay for q-bank and not finquiz, I would do a ton of my own note cards especially every formula and all of the behavioral finance.

I think to have confidence you need to find as many in depth Portfolio AM type questions as you can find and do them over and over again.

I just used the CFAI texts, but did buy the Secret Sauce and their formula sheets for Level II & III. Did the EOC questions and a good number of practice exams.

返回列表