上一主题:CFP test in November- enough time?
下一主题:Can I have more than 2 sponsors?
返回列表 发帖

Sponsors & Predicatement

Hey guys;

I passed the level 3 exam this June (phew...); unfortunately, at the same time I lost my job. I was only with this firm for 8 months but would like to credit these 8 months towards the 48 that I need to get regular membership.

Do I need to get my old boss to be one of the sponsors? When I was told that they were letting me go, I did not make a stink or cause them any trouble so I don't think I created any bad blood but still I would rather not go back and ask them for anything.

Is is possible to accumulate another 40 months of experience and then aggregate them together in my regular membership application or will I still need a sponsor from my old firm?

Thanks guys, any advice would most appreciated.

your supervisor does not need to be a sponsor.

any 2 CFA Charterholders - that you know / network with, with a caveat that at least 1 of them needs to belong to the CFA Local society you are applying to, is a sufficient criterion for the sponsors. So just find two of them that satisfy the above condition. Additionally - they should be able to sign off on your work experience - corroborate what you are saying in your work experience statement.

Hope this works for you, cpham.

CP

Thanks CP,

Very much appreciated. I think I am just going to wait for until I have 48 months before applying since I do not see much value in becoming an associate member - its pricey too... if you don't have an employer to expense it to. What do you think?

Hi guys , my status is that I am a student but have more than four years work experiences, so I only need to find 2 regular members sponsor me? No need to find a supervisor? Need I contact CFAI to waive the supervisor requirement?

I was under the impression that only 1 sponsor had to be a regular member. My old supervisor is not a CFA member but was planning on using him as one of the sponsors.

http://www.cfainstitute.org/about/membership/process/Pages/membership_sponsors.aspx

"At least one of these individuals must be a regular member of the society to which you are applying for membership."

I think you need 2 regular members , At least one of these individuals must be a regular member of the society to which you are applying for membership.

supervisor (need not be cfa charterholder) + 1 member

or
supervisor (charterholder) + 1 member

or
any 2 members (at least 1 of whom belongs to the local society you are applying to).

CP

hi cpk123, if I use 2 members not supervisor, need I contact CFAI first to waive the supervisor requirement?

no - there is no such need.

you need the two cfa charterholders - at least 1 to be from your local society - that is all.

CP

cpk123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> supervisor (need not be cfa charterholder) + 1
> member
>

Can you use a supervisor from an old job or does the supervisor have to be current?

返回列表
上一主题:CFP test in November- enough time?
下一主题:Can I have more than 2 sponsors?