上一主题:HPY for multiple years
下一主题:Most difficult LOS's
返回列表 发帖

Applying for Charter - Work Experience

So, I was hoping for some advice/help with my next steps.

I'm an operations analyst at a HF in the city and mostly cover derivatives. I support the desk in all things operations (i.e. booking trades, pnl reconciliation, cash flow analysis, etc.), but I don't assist in the actual decision making process.

I passed Level III in June this year and now I'm going through the application process and I'm worried about my work experience.

Anybody else find themselves in the same situation or can offer some advise on how best to complete my application?

Thanks.

Despite working for some of the big banks, my W.E. is, like many folks, weak. This is what I am doing:

I have printed out every 2012 los for all there levels, and my CV. I am midway through higlighting every one I can say that I have done.

I will re-write my CV using this CFA speak.

I will then submit my CFA'd descriptions and rely upon witchcraft for this to be approved. Doing it now means there's more chance a person in robot mopde will approve.

We'll see how it goes.

There is one CFA charterholder in my firm who will sponsor me, and I hope to produce another somehow from my local society which I haven't joined (yet)!

alle'

1. your cfa resume needs to be 1500 characters max - if you are posting it. so no need for a full resume. (as in level 3 essays - bullet point format, saying what you really do, and how it adds value to the investment process is enough).

2. as regards sponsors - - if you have 1 charterholder willing to sponsor you, and this person is not your supervisor - your supervisor could be the other sponsor.

Just some thoughts.

CP

While attaching your responsibilities to LOS is helpful, it only works if the LOS are directly related to the investment industry. There are lots of LOS that aren't directly related to the investment field. You can resubmit your experience as many times as you like, so if you don't get the response you want the first time, you can rephrase and resubmit. You can also call/email them for clarification as to why they rejected your experience and then maybe reword your experience in a way that is more acceptable to the CFAI. Good luck.

Is it ok if both sponsors confirmed as supervisors:
Managing Director, CFA
Director (direct supervisor) - non CFA

返回列表
上一主题:HPY for multiple years
下一主题:Most difficult LOS's