返回列表 发帖

Study plan advise

Hi there,

I wanted to hear about your opinion about my study plan. Is there room to add something or to get rid of things you consider unncessary...

I graduated with a BA of Business Administration so most of the stuff is not new to me and I failed last winter (Band 9).

How I work the beast:

Watch 1 or 2 lecture videos (= 1 or 2 LOS sections) on Elan per day and do the EOC Qs of the CFA I curriculum afterwards. If any questions arise I check the CFA books.

I will be finishing all material on Nov. 1st, after that I will focus on the CFA I EOC questions I did wrong, Mocks and Elan questions. The last 2 weeks before Dec 3rd I'll have 2 weeks off work to review 11th hour, do some more mocks, practice questions etc.

I study about 1,5 - 2 hours during the day, on weekends I try to get 4 hrs done.

What do you think? Has someone tried to watch the videos only and not read the books? The elan videos talk about everything that pops up in their notes so I don't feel that I'm missing something.

Thanks for your input!

If you failed the first time, I would add more reading to your plan. If you failed with a BA in business, it probably also means you didn't do enough practice questions and/or practice exams.

You should also probably add a bit more time to your weekend estimate; it is a good opportunity to get through more material with less distractions in a single day rather than breaking up topics day-to-day on weekdays.

ATH, CFA, CAIA

You know your weaknesses better than any body. Read and Retain well, this is the key to success. For me reading again was necessary for retaining. For some people doing questions and practising makes it easier for them to retain. Manage your time well and try to focus on what you are reading while you are reading. The moment you realise that the things are over flowing from your mind - take a break. If you think videos help you out, go for them. What ever you do make sure you are getting the best out of it. Good Luck.

Thanks for your input guys.
In contrast to my previous time I will be finished with the readings 5 weeks before the exam (during these 5 weeks I will have 3 weeks off work) and spend all my time doing questions and rereading passages I don't get. Last time I only had 2 or 3 weeks.

One more question, how did you guys feel when you studied quant and looked back at it 3 weeks later....I did all the EOC in the CFA book and got 'em, but now if you'd ask me some formulae I were lost.
Hope this all comes back when doing questions all over again...

cheers

I think you are fine Daniel. I also failed the first time (Band 10) and then passed this June. I really feel I UNDERSTAND and KNOW the material now, and Level II QM has been pretty smooth so far.

For my first attempt I didn't have enough time for review and practice at the end. If you leave 5-6 weeks at the end you should be OK. Do at least the EOC or Elan PQs while you're doing the videos/readings. Don't be saving them all for later.

Just curious, what provider did you use the last time?

返回列表