上一主题:How to do it differently
下一主题:Schweser flash cards
返回列表 发帖

Anyone study using a tablet?

I've been toying with the idea of getting a tablet to get some studying in during my commute (public transit) and lunch, and maybe just make reading around the house more enjoyable?

I know almost next to nothing about tablets, other than Ipad's don't play flash, which really turns me off. My recreational use will probably primarily use flash (for youtube.... yeah...)

Do any tablets outshine the others for reading? Also, are the video's from scwhweser/stalla Fraps-able, would be nice to have them on the HD instead relying on streaming.

I did. It's better in terms of convenience. You don't wanna carry those CFAI texts around when you only want to do the EOCs or use them as reference, do you? I used my ipad for these purposes and for reading the CFAI Standards of Practice. That ipad doesn't play flash doesn't really bother me because I mostly use it for reading.

I bought a asus transformer and will try to start reading the summaries from cfa institute on my commute to work very soon. yes I'm going to start studying already *sigh*

There's a Youtube app on the iPad and you can also watch embedded videos from YT and other flash video sites. That really narrows down the instances where not having Flash is a pain.

I think I am really old-fashioned... There is just something about turning the pages of a book that an iPad cannot compare with. Plus, I thought reading on an iPad was more stressful on the eyes and I would tire out quickly. I did use it for a lot of review questions toward the end and that worked out just fine...

I did all the heavy reading on my ipad. I suggest adjusting the screen brightness lower, it might help.

The ipad is great for reading. It allows you to highlight in different colors, zoom into figures/tables, and it can carry all the six books, which I cannot comfortably do in my bag.

返回列表
上一主题:How to do it differently
下一主题:Schweser flash cards