上一主题:Need more detail
下一主题:L1 result, advice needed
返回列表 发帖
Would a position like this count for CFA experience. It doesn't fit the mold exactly.

International trade credit analyst.

Review counterparty financials etc to determine creditworthiness and establish credit limits
Negotiate collateral, guarantees
Monitor credit risk and exposures

I dont see a difference between evaluating the credit of a trading counterparty and evaluating the credit of certain securities. Obviously they are not the same, but similar.

Both result in the firm holding a claim against a counterparty with a risk of nonpayment. Both involve the same types of analysis.. collateral, character blah blah blah. The only difference I see is the liquidity of the receivable, the terms of the loan, and the type of business that makes the loan.

Any comments would be appreciated. I wont even interview if I am not fairly certain the experience will count.

This has CFA Level 2 curriculum written all over it. The credit analysts at my office have similar duties and the FRA alone should qualify as legitimate CFA experience. However, I'm not well versed in experience qualifications so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

返回列表
上一主题:Need more detail
下一主题:L1 result, advice needed