上一主题:December 2011 Progress
下一主题:Stalla Live Classes
返回列表 发帖

Materials to use for now?

Judging by the activity on the L3 forum, it's about time I mentally prepare myself for the beginning of CFA studying.

I signed up in September last year to save the $100 and then decided I wasn't going to write so I ended up wasting $700. The upside is that I still have the books.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to write in June 2012 but I'd prefer to hold out a while longer before registering. Does anyone have an opinion on how different the materials might be for 2012 vs 2011? I'd like to start using my 2011 materials to get started.

Thanks and good luck all!

Ethics and behavioral finance shouldn't change too much. You could start with those.

Actually Behavioral changed the most this year.

Use the old books, there is virtually no difference. Only reason to pay is for the QBank, which is entirely worth it (to me it was at least).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Monday, September 12, 2011 at 01:01PM by iteracom.

I can't imagine that the syllabus will change more than 5% or so from year to year. If they made big changes, it would be like saying that what they made you learn last year was no longer important.

I've started by doing some light reading in the Behavioral Finance section. Have gotten through about 100 pages so far. Interesting material, but the turgid prose of CFAI works better than a sleeping pill.

返回列表
上一主题:December 2011 Progress
下一主题:Stalla Live Classes