上一主题:Need help with revision plan
下一主题:Materials to use for now?
返回列表 发帖

December 2011 Progress

Just wanted to get a feel for how far everyone has gotten with the December 2011 L1. Also feel free to update your status here every month from now till end of November.

So far I am only 20 hours in, and done with the least important of the topics, SS17 & 18.

And Good Luck to all!

I am almost done with economics as of today. Started studying with economics as the first topic. Hoping to increase the pace from now.

I can only envy people who are half way or already done with their reviews.

Good Luck studying.

Not to worry - still working on Econ!

I`ve been falling way behind because of other academic responsibilities, but that finishes Saturday!

i'm 235 hours in. wanted to get my studying done early so i could start with level 2. from here on out i plan on spending half my time on level 1 and the other half on level 2. i've realized the importance of revision. don't expect to read through once and remember more than half the material. however, the 2nd pass really helps to fill the holes in my understanding of the material. if you're limited by time, i would suggest reading and revising on a lag. by that I mean reading SS 38 and reviewing reading SS 1...reading SS 39 and reviewing SS 2, etc.

Done with Ethics, Economics, FRA, Quantitative Methods, and Equity. Starting Fixed Income next week.

Done reading Ethics, Quant, Econ. My plan is:

FRA: Sept 14-30
Equities+fixed income: Oct 1-15
Corp Fin: Oct 16-30
Deriv: Nov1-5

Then review like never before for 1 month + do exams on weekends.

I work full time and have an MBA in finance from a top 20 school. Sounds doable to me. What do you all think?

parachute Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Done reading Ethics, Quant, Econ. My plan is:
>
> FRA: Sept 14-30
> Equities+fixed income: Oct 1-15
> Corp Fin: Oct 16-30
> Deriv: Nov1-5
>
> Then review like never before for 1 month + do
> exams on weekends.
>
> I work full time and have an MBA in finance from a
> top 20 school. Sounds doable to me. What do you
> all think?

Same backround, same situation, same general plan. Because you majored in finance or accounting you should be fine. Level one seems like a really shallow overview of B school accounting but with way more focus on IFRS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, September 13, 2011 at 04:02PM by turbolt.

I'm left with Ethics & the last book on Derivatives. I started studying in June.

I have no prior background in finance, and will need to do a thorough revision.

p.s. - the countdown on the homepage always gives me jitters!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at Wednesday, September 14, 2011 at 04:14AM by stons.

I would have to agree with stons on the countdown making me nervous. I remember first coming to the forum awhile ago and seeing over 100 days... I followed the study material in order so I am on reading 65. Planning to finish by the end of September (first read through). I work full time so I will need as much time as possible to review!

返回列表
上一主题:Need help with revision plan
下一主题:Materials to use for now?