上一主题:Anyone going to the new charterholder ceremony/annual meeting in Pittsburgh?
下一主题:December 2011 Progress
返回列表 发帖

Need help with revision plan

Hi all,

I am writing the L1 in December. I done with almost 75% of the syllabus, with Ethics & Derivatives left to study. With my current pace, I expect to finish this by the end of September.

I am studying from the CFAI text / Schweser notes and I just read through the topics for my first pass of study. The problem is that I do not recollect some of the concepts (I think this happens to all of us) and need to revise.

Given that I have the months of October & November for revision, what should be my ideal revision plan? Should I read through the CFAI text/Schweser again, or just solve a lot of questions / bit of both?

Thanks.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at Tuesday, September 6, 2011 at 04:24AM by stons.

Do end of chapters questions, do problems, and occasionally dip back into curriculum when needed. I would not re-read

Do EOC and after, as soon as possible, do your first mock exam. This will definitely help you know how to re-read the material. And after that, redo more mock exams till you can score more than 70% regularly

It took me one month for revising the books atleast 2 times from Shweser. I used to do the mock on Sunday and repeat one Shweser book from Monday to Saturday. It helps you out in retaining the major concepts. If I were you I'd have revised the course and then opted for the questions.

Hey everyone,

So after the last 3 months of not being able to enjoy summer I am almost done my first read of the material. I am currently on reading 65 and plan to finish all the material before the end of September. I have done the practice questions from CFA and from Schweser after each reading, was just wondering if there is any other advice people have for review. I'll have about 2 months to review, I work full-time and I didn't want to feel rushed through my review.

I just finished my finance degree with a certificate in economics in June 2012 and started studying in July. Registered in May, but had a few classes to finish up first before hitting the ground running with the study material for Level 1.

I heard to do a complete practice exam before starting to review to try and focus on what you don't know. Anyone tried this and had success?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

After I had completed my first reading, I gave a revision of 15 days and then appeared for the first practice exam. It really helped me out in gaining the confidence and I had no reason to say myself that the result wasn't good because I didn't revise! I think passing out the exam is a game of nerves which require clarity of concepts, retained information and the desired level of confidence. I remember the major problem which I had, while giving the exam, was to retain my energy level in the 2nd portion of the exam and specifically in the last hour. The stamina to sit in for 6 hours with 2 hours break was my challenge! I would suggest you to first revise and then appear for a practice test to asses your self better. The important thing is its my opinion not a fact, any one can disagree to it...

返回列表
上一主题:Anyone going to the new charterholder ceremony/annual meeting in Pittsburgh?
下一主题:December 2011 Progress