上一主题:So why is BAC stock up so much?
下一主题:Best book on financial crisis.
返回列表 发帖

Job opportunity with Bloomberg

just got an unexpected call from bloomberg about a job opportunity i applied for a while back as fixed income data researcher. the job mostly entails collecting information about any bond issuances, keeping an eye on all factors that might affect bond prices and maintain updating the system appropriately.

i was wondering if any of you have gone through the interview process with them before, and if so are there any tips i should follow? i was told that if succesful i should expect another call in a week.

for any of you who work there, whats the career progression in bloomberg, and what sort of opporunities do they provide, any other info whoud be helpful.

Thanks

good for you Mr_moose! best of luck with it!

thanks penny, lets hope i get a call back for a face to face interview, i really hate my current job... she asked me what my career aspirations were, and i said i was hoping to be a fund manager in the future, lets hope that doesnt mess up my chances since im not sure that sort of work would be related to work at bloomberg. or would it? im not sure..

i suppose researching into fixed income data and news would be a great strart for a future fund manager focused on fixed income securities.... after all, isn't having aspirations all about looking ahead into how your career will progress? i can hardly imagine "my job aspiration is to come into this role and then stay in this role... for ever!" being a desired reply... i don't know, maybe nummi can fill as in on what job aspirations sell better nowadays...

anyway i got a bit of good news, though still at an earlier stage than you, i.e. i got a call from a recruiter for a potential role as a credit analyst with a ratings agency... sounds like a real option to me, in that it would potentially put me in a solid career path where i could utilized my economics, maths background and also, now, my study with the CFA program. the first thing the recruiter asked was if i had word about how i did with the level 1 exam and when i would know... apparently they are ideally looking for a CFA Level 2 candidate...

Good for you guys. mr moose you can look at glassdoor.com for any tips on interviews and employees comments. And let me know how you got that job

i'll be sure to mention you first

@penny-wenny: yea i meant that the roles i have been contacted about are similar to what i do. thanks for the reply!

返回列表
上一主题:So why is BAC stock up so much?
下一主题:Best book on financial crisis.