上一主题:求伦敦考友
下一主题:求助:新手关于CFA考试的一些问题!拜托各位NN啦\(^o^)/~
返回列表 发帖

M&A Interview Model

Hi all,

Background: I just a call back from the M&A department at my work where I applied for a position. I had a first round interview last Thursday that went very well and they just called to set up a second round interview for tomorrow morning to test my modeling skills.

Question: Any idea as to what I can expect for tomorrow? Has anyone experienced this before? I am confident with my Excel skills, but have been working in a planning environment where we do not do DCFs or Financial Statement modeling (I do other NPV modeling though). Any tips on what I can brush up on tonight?

THANKS!

Any quick advice would be much appreciated
Unfortunately the interview is tomorrow morning, so I don't have alot of prep time. If you respond I'll pay you with accolades and stuff!

Make sure you lock the spreadsheet with a password that is unlocked with an offer.

> Pretty > Top 5 MBA > CFA > Avg MBA > Born middle
> class > Born lower class > Born in crack house >
> Born middleclass in Asia and working in IT but
> looking to switch to buyside

And M&A model, in its most basic form, involves an understanding of building fully-integrated three-statement models, having some reasonable assumptions for revenue and cost synergies, and M&A accounting on the balance sheet (e.g. Review your consolidated methods and accounting for goodwill). A model is just a computerized framework reflectiing these things.

Given how soon your modeling test is, I would think about modeling using the aforementioned framework. You can also look on Damodoran's website for some modeling templates. I don't have that URL off-hand but you should just google search it.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, I would advise you just to give it your best shot and not overthink it. You won't learn M&A accounting in a night so the best thing to do is stay calm and do the best you can given the knowledge you have.

-----
Contact me for resume/cover letter review, interview prep, or career advisory services
numi.advisory@gmail.com

Thanks Numi, I appreciate the post. I'll definitely look at Damodoran's site and gloss over some of my CFA curriculum.

Good luck buddy! Am I correct to assume this is a move within the firm? If it is would you mind telling us how you went about doing it? (After your interview of course). I'm also thinking of doing a lateral move, I just don't really know how to approach it without pissing everybody off.

Well... Just took the test. It was much more comprehensive than i was expecting, but very similar to what Numi described. Since it is for a lower level position (recently out of college) I wasn't expecting too much. Overall I'm disappointed with myself. They said I was the first to take the test, so hopefully everyone else does as badly as I did!

Anyway, to answer your question Kant, yes it is a move within the same company. It was a pretty simple process... I saw the job on the company job board and went through the application. The application made me check a box that said I had spoken with my supervisor about applying, so I just went to his office asked to close the door and told him about the position. It was a little uncomfortable, but unless you have a jerk boss he/she should understand. It's just one of those things you have to do. Remember, the only person looking out for you is you.

返回列表
上一主题:求伦敦考友
下一主题:求助:新手关于CFA考试的一些问题!拜托各位NN啦\(^o^)/~