上一主题:Is Project Finance IB or Commercial Banking ???
下一主题:is this a violation?
返回列表 发帖

Why have to work for BB?

My understanding is that BBs are most profitable because of the size of the deals. However, is BB going to be as good a experience as to a quant? Isn't it the case that a quant is actually going to learn more from a smaller firm as he/she can take more responsibility?

If you are being paid a ton in a small firm then go for it because they must be having something good going on.. BUT that's generally not the case because small firms are small because they can't grow big, however there is a huge difference between a small and fast growing firm. Take your steps wisely.

Most important thing you need to check in a small firm is career profiles of people working there, often such firm have people who want a relaxed life and are not much ambitious. The reason it matters is, because more then skills you need network, required skills can be gained anytime if you have the aptitude. Do not follow small firm, good work, more responsibility crap, that's my advice because I have also burned my fingers joining a small HF thinking in that line. Big firms give you exposure and more importantly network, because believe it or not they attract brightest people no matter how awful their work is. You want to be in that company to move collectively towards a highly rewarding career, since most of them will move to highly rewarding jobs, the peer pressure itself will jack up to you ass and get the @#$%& working if you ever try to be lethargic and undisciplined in your career.

返回列表
上一主题:Is Project Finance IB or Commercial Banking ???
下一主题:is this a violation?