上一主题:abbreviating your masters? MSF? MS? MS-Fin?
下一主题:are commercial real estate loans tax deductible?
返回列表 发帖

C&I Loans vs Commercial Real Estate Loans

does anyone know what the difference is between these two categories of commercial loans? ive looked them up online and cant seem to tell hte difference, they both seem to be commercial loans, with property as collateral. any ideas? thanks!

C&I loans don't have property as collateral. They can use A/R, the owner's personal guarantee, the company's stock, or gold bullion as collateral.

thanks flowbe! so can i say for sure that no C&I loans have property as collateral, or is it that they can either use property as collateral or any of the other items listed by you?

Sure they can use the property as collateral but the purpose of a C&I loan is not to finance the real estate. That's what commercial real estate loans are for. Banks will take anything they can get as an abundance of caution when it comes to a small business loan. So if the owner holds a piece of real estate and is offering up as collateral the bank will take it.

sorry flowbe one more question: do all c&i loans have collateral, or could it be that some are unsecured? thanks in advance!

BTW, what does C&I stand for? I am not familiar with this space.

Commercial & Industrial

thanks dmiller!

dmiller385 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FYI, flowbe is not correct. The financing of an
> owner occupied property is considered C&I.

In what country? The 8,000 US banks that submit schedule RC-C of the call report put owner occupied CRE on line 1.e.(1). (loans secured by owner-occupied nonfarm nonresidential properties.) If you have something stating these can be included on line 4 (commercial and industrial loans) I'd love to see it.

返回列表
上一主题:abbreviating your masters? MSF? MS? MS-Fin?
下一主题:are commercial real estate loans tax deductible?