上一主题:Business Valuation
下一主题:1 STOP FOR FINANCE NEWS
返回列表 发帖

advise on getting an intern

I am looking for a good candidate for a 6-month paid internship to work on implementing a risk system that has already been designed. Required proficiency in C# .Net and SQL. Knowledge of Matlab as a big plus. I'm located in a western suburb of Chicago. I would appreciate any suggestion on the best places to look for good candidates.

You could post an ad with some nearby university's career center. I'm not sure which Chicago universities have the best CS programs though.

Many universities there, so perhaps look at the Univ of Chicago, you can post an internship there for freshmen/sophs. Although depending on where you are NWestern might be closer....

Chicago has a quantitative finance master (not sure what they call it there, mathematical finance, financial math, etc). You can check if there is anybody with computer science background. Matlab, as well as risk management, is covered by the master program.

northwestern and u of c undergrads tend to think too highly of themselves. check out NIU - you may be able to find an mba candidate from the hoffman estates or naperthrill campuses

Just post it on Craigslist.. you should get tons of responses and will only cost you $25.00.

Valores Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Chicago has a quantitative finance master (not
> sure what they call it there, mathematical
> finance, financial math, etc). You can check if
> there is anybody with computer science background.
> Matlab, as well as risk management, is covered by
> the master program.

The first intern I got a couple of months ago just graduated from the masters program in statistics from the university of Chicago (that was his second masters). Unfortunately, he got muliple job offers and left.

Thanks to everyone for valuable suggestions. I am going to start talking to career services from local schools.

返回列表
上一主题:Business Valuation
下一主题:1 STOP FOR FINANCE NEWS