上一主题:Bank Funding Analyst - What Do They Do?
下一主题:Can I regester for l2( 2nd try )w/o buying CFA Books ?
返回列表 发帖

Excel/Databases/Charting

Here is what I'm looking to do:

1) Download daily information in Excel (No problem)

2) Have a database automatically pick that information up and store it.

3) Have a charting program pick up the info in the database and create/adjust charts as necessary.

Any ideas?

You could do it with Excel and some VBA programming. I would just google a little bit and use the macro recorder.

1) Use excel web query, this will work for most of the websites. Though you can call python scripts (which are best thing for data collection), but that'll become little geeky.

2) You can use macros to fill up that data in an Excel file or even just a data file, but this is not very efficient when you'll try to pick up data, and it's damn difficult to manage and maintain.
Best thing would be to configure a SQL server or My SQL server (free) on your computer, which is quite easy. If you have SQL server running, inserting data and extracting data from server is quite easy, scalable, fast, and efficient.

3) Any web app or VB app or VBA macro or even excel charts and formulas can pick up data from your database quite easily.

Once again, setting up database server on your computer is not rocket science; it's very easy after you pass the initial discomfort of learning a bit about SQL, and I guess you already know VBA, you'll need some working knowledge of VBA to automate everything.

返回列表
上一主题:Bank Funding Analyst - What Do They Do?
下一主题:Can I regester for l2( 2nd try )w/o buying CFA Books ?