上一主题:平安证券*投资策略报告*A股估值报告
下一主题:HK Econ : "HSBC Leads Prime Rate Cut, But No Help to the Housing Market
返回列表 发帖

Typo error correction: Important:CICC How to interpret this 4 trillion

How to interpret this 4 trillion package:
1. It is not as reported by many media including FT as "rise or incremental" fiscal stimulus package, it is more likely a summary of total investment coming from government in the next 2 years.  Therefore, our economist estimation, the incremental increase in the coming two year is about 5600 billion, which contribute 1.8% on 2009 GDP growth.
2.  What will be the component of this package?
Focusing on four key areas: people’s livelihood (low-income housing, healthcare, education), infrastructure (rural infrastructure, railway, highway, airport), environment protection (ecological development, water treatment), and post-disaster reconstruction. It can also help absorb overcapacity in raw material sectors.   But the boost of low income house might give negative impact on property developer.
3. Economic data is really bad:
Accelerated economic downturn forced the Chinese government to change its policy stance. According to media reports, China’s electricity generation volume and fiscal revenue may decline YoY in October, the first time since 1998 and 1996, respectively. The October PMI index is the lowest since 2005. All these indicate accelerated economic deterioration and prove our view that the Chinese economy faces much greater challenges now than in 1998. We therefore lower our GDP growth forecast to 8% for 4Q08 and 9.3% for FY08. 
4. What is the near future of economic policy,
I don't know to translate these 4 chinese word by Primere Wen "扩大投资出手要快,出拳要重,措施要准,工作要实" , a summary in english is we need decision action in the fast possible way.  Further more, the “moderately loose” monetary policy is a new policy stance and also confirmed our expectation that monetary policy responses should be quicker and more aggressive than before. We reiterate our view that China may cut interests rate by another 216bp and the RRR by 350~550bp by the end of 2007, with the size of each IR cut larger than 27bp.
So expecting more interest cut by 54 bp very soon!
5.  My personal recommendation:
This is not good, considering the bad economic data with stimulus pacakage, we are really in the bad time, with stock market rally!  Selling on these highly cyclical stock, like cement, steel, infrastructure and property.  Banking will suffer further with asymmetric interest cut, I keep negative on this sector too.  I would rather to clear all my position on H share, but short on infrastructure related stock is also dangerolus strategy, as you can say more and more policy stimulus package coming out, this is Chinese politics,  spending government money is the easiest part of action, everyone will be happy.

返回列表
上一主题:平安证券*投资策略报告*A股估值报告
下一主题:HK Econ : "HSBC Leads Prime Rate Cut, But No Help to the Housing Market