上一主题:Reading 64: Overview of Bond Sectors and Instruments - LO
下一主题:Reading 64: Overview of Bond Sectors and Instruments - LO
返回列表 发帖

Reading 64: Overview of Bond Sectors and Instruments - LO

6.Which of the following statements about creating a collateralized mortgage obligation (CMO) is FALSE? A CMO:

A)    redistributes the risk between the tranches on an unequal basis.

B)    redistributes the risk between the tranches on a random basis.

C)    does not affect the overall risk of prepayment.

D)    creates a broader range of investor risk/return profiles.

7.A mortgage-backed security has been divided into three classes or tranches as follows:

§   Tranche I receives net interest and all the principal payments until it is completely paid off.

§   Tranche II receives its share of net interest and starts receiving all the principal repayments after Tranche I has been completely paid off. Prior to that, it only receives interest payments.

§   Tranche III receives monthly net interest and starts receiving all principal repayments after Tranches I and II have been completely paid off. Prior to that, it only receives interest payments.

For a relatively small decline in mortgage interest rates, which of the tranches has the least amount of prepayment risk?

A)    Tranche I.

B)    Tranche II.

C)    Prepayment risk is equal for all three tranches.

D)    Tranche III.

8.For an investor who is interested in long-term gains, in which tranche should s/he invest?

A)    Tranche I.

B)    Tranche III.

C)    Tranche II.

D)    Any of the tranches since mortgage-backed securities generally have a long duration.

答案和详解如下:

6.Which of the following statements about creating a collateralized mortgage obligation (CMO) is FALSE? A CMO:

A)    redistributes the risk between the tranches on an unequal basis.

B)    redistributes the risk between the tranches on a random basis.

C)    does not affect the overall risk of prepayment.

D)    creates a broader range of investor risk/return profiles.

The correct answer was B)

Creating a CMO usually redistributes the risk between the tranches on an unequal basis, not on a random basis.

7.A mortgage-backed security has been divided into three classes or tranches as follows:

§   Tranche I receives net interest and all the principal payments until it is completely paid off.

§   Tranche II receives its share of net interest and starts receiving all the principal repayments after Tranche I has been completely paid off. Prior to that, it only receives interest payments.

§   Tranche III receives monthly net interest and starts receiving all principal repayments after Tranches I and II have been completely paid off. Prior to that, it only receives interest payments.

For a relatively small decline in mortgage interest rates, which of the tranches has the least amount of prepayment risk?

A)    Tranche I.

B)    Tranche II.

C)    Prepayment risk is equal for all three tranches.

D)    Tranche III.

The correct answer was D)

Tranche III has the least amount of prepayment risk since it receives the prepayments last.

8.For an investor who is interested in long-term gains, in which tranche should s/he invest?

A)    Tranche I.

B)    Tranche III.

C)    Tranche II.

D)    Any of the tranches since mortgage-backed securities generally have a long duration.

The correct answer was B)

Tranche III has the least amount of prepayment risk; therefore, there is a greater chance that the investor will be able to hold on to the investment for a longer time horizon.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 64: Overview of Bond Sectors and Instruments - LO
下一主题:Reading 64: Overview of Bond Sectors and Instruments - LO