上一主题:Reading Reading 3: CFA Institute Soft Dollar Standards LOS a-Q 1~5
下一主题:Reading 2-VII: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid
返回列表 发帖

Reading 2-VII: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid

11Jake Miles, CFA, includes the following phrase on his business card: “Jake Miles is your trusted local CFA.” Is this a violation of Standard VII(B)?

A)   Yes, because he cannot put the initials "CFA" on his business card.

B)   No, because his CFA Institute membership indicates that he is indeed trustworthy.

C)   Unsure, we would need to know what else is on the card.

D)   Yes, because he uses CFA as a noun.

12All of the following are required for a CFA Institute member to maintain his or her active status EXCEPT:

A)   Passing each exam in no more than two tries.

B)   remit a completed Professional Conduct Statement on an annual basis.

C)   paying membership dues to CFA Institute on an annual basis.

D)   abide by the requirements of the Code of Ethics, Standards of Professional Conduct, and Professional Conduct Program.

13Julie Stades retired several years ago and relinquished her membership in CFA Institute. She had the CFA designation up until then. She has decided to go back to work and puts the following statement on her resume: “I earned the CFA designation 10 years ago.” Is this a violation of Standard VII(B)?

A)   No, as long as she does not indicate she currently has the designation.

B)   No, because she uses "CFA" as a noun.

C)   Yes, because she uses "CFA" as a noun.

D)   Yes, she has used the letters "CFA" in an undignified manner.

14Robert Hopkins has earned the right to use the CFA designation and wants to indicate this on his business card. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following is the proper use of the professional designation on his business card?

A)   Robert Hopkins, cfa

B)   Robert Hopkins, CFA Charterholder

C)   Robert Hopkins, C.F.A.

D)   Robert Hopkins, CFA degree

15All of the following statements in promotion of your services are in violation of CFA Institute Standards of Practice handbook EXCEPT:

A)   I guarantee under my management that you will receive returns in excess of the market index average.

B)   based upon my research, you will achieve a 20% compound annual rate of return on small cap stocks over the next 5 years.

C)   I passed all three levels of the CFA Program on the first try; therefore, I have superior stock picking ability.

D)   I passed Level II of the CFA Program in 2003.

答案和详解如下:

11Jake Miles, CFA, includes the following phrase on his business card: “Jake Miles is your trusted local CFA.” Is this a violation of Standard VII(B)?

A)   Yes, because he cannot put the initials "CFA" on his business card.

B)   No, because his CFA Institute membership indicates that he is indeed trustworthy.

C)   Unsure, we would need to know what else is on the card.

D)   Yes, because he uses CFA as a noun.

The correct answer was D)

The initials CFA cannot be used as a noun. The initials can appear on a business card but cannot be used to exaggerate the meaning or implications of membership.

12All of the following are required for a CFA Institute member to maintain his or her active status EXCEPT:

A)   Passing each exam in no more than two tries.

B)   remit a completed Professional Conduct Statement on an annual basis.

C)   paying membership dues to CFA Institute on an annual basis.

D)   abide by the requirements of the Code of Ethics, Standards of Professional Conduct, and Professional Conduct Program.

The correct answer was A)

Passing each exam in two or fewer tries is not required to maintain active status as a member of the CFA Institute. CFA Institute imposes all of the other choices.

13Julie Stades retired several years ago and relinquished her membership in CFA Institute. She had the CFA designation up until then. She has decided to go back to work and puts the following statement on her resume: “I earned the CFA designation 10 years ago.” Is this a violation of Standard VII(B)?

A)   No, as long as she does not indicate she currently has the designation.

B)   No, because she uses "CFA" as a noun.

C)   Yes, because she uses "CFA" as a noun.

D)   Yes, she has used the letters "CFA" in an undignified manner.

The correct answer was

Stades is allowed to state that she earned the designation as long as she does not infer that she currently has the designation. The letters “CFA” are only to be used as an adjective, and she does that.

14Robert Hopkins has earned the right to use the CFA designation and wants to indicate this on his business card. According to CFA Institute Standards of Professional Conduct, which of the following is the proper use of the professional designation on his business card?

A)   Robert Hopkins, cfa

B)   Robert Hopkins, CFA Charterholder

C)   Robert Hopkins, C.F.A.

D)   Robert Hopkins, CFA degree

The correct answer was B)

The CFA designation should always be capitalized and shown without periods. The CFA designation should not be referred to as a degree. Placing the designation "CFA" or "CFA Charterholder" after one's name on a resume, business card, brochure, or other published material is appropriate.

15All of the following statements in promotion of your services are in violation of CFA Institute Standards of Practice handbook EXCEPT:

A)   I guarantee under my management that you will receive returns in excess of the market index average.

B)   based upon my research, you will achieve a 20% compound annual rate of return on small cap stocks over the next 5 years.

C)   I passed all three levels of the CFA Program on the first try; therefore, I have superior stock picking ability.

D)   I passed Level II of the CFA Program in 2003.

The correct answer was D)    

Candidates may refer to the CFA level(s) passed and the associated dates as long as a partial designation is not implied. Candidates and charterholders may state that they passed exams on the first try; however, they may not imply superior ability. Also, they may not guarantee or promise a given level of return.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading Reading 3: CFA Institute Soft Dollar Standards LOS a-Q 1~5
下一主题:Reading 2-VII: Standards of Professional Conduct & Guid