上一主题:corporate finance vs quantitative methods inconsistency
下一主题:Bogged down in Quantitative Methods
返回列表 发帖

Plz Provide Tips on Studying Quantitative Method

I started preparing for cfa 1 last week and just found impossible to read and understand the materials in Quants except technical analysis. Even the EOC was tough to grasp. I feel like I have to grind through thousands of practice questions to feel confident, which means spending more time than other topics where I feel much more comfortable.
Since Quant is worth 12%, will it be smart strategy to just “know the basics” and move on to focus other topics? Or even it means sacrificing studying times for others, go through anyway? Also which study guides explain Quant better, Elan or Schweser?. Plz Help!!!

Walex Wrote:
——————————————————-
> I started preparing for cfa 1 last week and just
> found impossible to read and understand the
> materials in Quants except technical analysis.
> Even the EOC was tough to grasp. I feel like I
> have to grind through thousands of practice
> questions to feel confident, which means spending
> more time than other topics where I feel much more
> comfortable.
>
> Since Quant is worth 12%, will it be smart
> strategy to just “know the basics” and move on to
> focus other topics? Or even it means sacrificing
> studying times for others, go through anyway? Also
> which study guides explain Quant better, Elan or
> Schweser?. Plz Help!!!
I thought you were gonna ask to skip it like that savage guy (whom i haven’t seen post in awhile )….anyways, I use Elan and the quant review combo for vids/notes has been quite helpful, the key is still doing lots of questions - I made the mistake of not doing that for the first 5 readings of it (I found it was taking too long doing all the EOC question for the previous topics)…lots of time left for the exam, just buckle down and learn the bulk of it, I wouldn’t recommend not mastering the material for level 1 quant, from what I hear it only gets tougher! And each person will have one subject that tricks them up a bit…

Most people I know hate quants - especially when it’s linked to hypothesis testing!
As the previous comments, there is only gonna be more quants in L2 so ignoring it completely will be a big mistake. Practice questions make perfect.

3 things: Practice, Practice, Practice! And by the way, if i am not wrong, at 12% weighing, Quant is second to FRA and maybe ethics. Thats quite a few questions.
Elan does a great job, especially the videos.

返回列表
上一主题:corporate finance vs quantitative methods inconsistency
下一主题:Bogged down in Quantitative Methods