上一主题:Mock AM 4 - Ethics - priority of trans = clients interest?
下一主题:Mid-afternoon snack (ethics)
返回列表 发帖

QBank Ethics Question

Wouldn’t this mean that every charterholder that does work for Schweser/Stalla/etc. was in violation of this standard? I’ve seen some crazy things on Qbank, but this is by far the weirdest.
Am I missing something here?
A CFA charterholder coaches a fellow employee as that colleague studies for the CFA exams. The charterholder tells the colleague all that she remembers from her exams and how they were constructed. This is:
A) not a violation of the standards.
B) a violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.
C) a violation of Standard VII(B) concerning use of the designation.
Your answer: A was incorrect. The correct answer was B) a violation of Standard I(D) concerning professional misconduct.
This is a violation because even though it does not necessarily compromise the integrity of the next exam, it does violate the Code of Ethics, Standard I(D) Misconduct, and Standard VII(A) Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program. At the beginning of the CFA examination, all candidates are required to sign a statement saying they will not divulge any information regarding the exam to anyone. In this question the Code of Ethics was broken because it requires CFA candidates and CFA Institute members to act in an ethical manner. Standard I(D) Misconduct was broken because it requires members and candidates to not engage in any dishonest conduct. Standard VII(A) Conduct as Members and Candidates in the CFA Program was broken because it requires members and candidates to not disregard the rules and policies of the CFA Program related to examination administration.

Right. B is correct. You are not to mention ANYTHING concerning the content or topics covered in the exam. For example if I tell you that the alternative investment section of the CFA exam only covered private equity, that would be a violation.

How about if I told you that 10% of the Level 2 exam consists of Ethics questions?
What’s the difference?
I’m “divulging information regarding the exam.”

Id tell you, but then I would be in violation.

You are NOT allowed to reproduce a past exam in partial or full. If you do that, it would be a violation of the agreement you sign, before writing the exam and hence violation of standard on professional misconduct.
However, CFA curriculum and its topical weightage is public knowledge. You can find it freely available on CFAI site. Discussing that is not a violation of any of CFAI standards.

I guess the key point is “tells the colleague all that she remembers”. This may/may not be a violation depending on what she remembers, but I’d err on the possibility of it being a violation.

返回列表
上一主题:Mock AM 4 - Ethics - priority of trans = clients interest?
下一主题:Mid-afternoon snack (ethics)