上一主题:Economics - Dollar/Euro Question
下一主题:Will not overstudy the Ethics
返回列表 发帖

diff between CF and economic pension expense

If the diff between CF and economic pension expense is material, what shall the analyst do? Totally forget this one.

Huh, I vaguely remember reading this too.
I think if it economic pension expense is greater, then look at it like financing (cash flow doesn’t cover the true pension expense).
If cash flow is greater than economic pension expense, then its like an early principal payment on a loan.

it is not cash flow and economic pension expense.
It is when there is a difference between economic pension expense and the Employer’s contribution, which the analyst should adjust to reflect on the cash flows.
If EPE (Eco. Pension Exp.)  Employer’s Contribution
the difference is basically an extra loan available to the company. So CFO would be reduced by and CFF increased by EPE - EC)*(1-T)
If EPE Difference is a repayment of principal - an overall reduction in the pension obligation.

Because deriv108 CFF is being increased by the amount of the loan. You are receiving money in the amount of the after-tax difference between EPE and Employer Contributions.

Actually cpk, since I’ve never seen this in action, how would you do:
2008 Cash Flow Statement Excerpt:
CFO:
Economic Pension Expense=(700)
Employer Contributions=400
Tax Rate: 20%
CFF:
None
You would add (700-400)(.8)=240 to CFF and subtract 240 from CFO? Is that it? No other adjustments?

Rellison, if you have QBANK, there are couple of examples there

返回列表
上一主题:Economics - Dollar/Euro Question
下一主题:Will not overstudy the Ethics