上一主题:GIPS - Those nagging questions!
下一主题:Dollar Duration - CFAI shows 2 formulae
返回列表 发帖

CFAI curriculum vs Schweser curriculum

To those who read both CFAI and Schweser curriculum:
Could you give a hint, which chapters in CFAI curriculum differ much (or there are different chapters) from those in Schweser curriculum? Or maybe there are any formulas, those appear only in CFAI curriculum and not in Schweser curriculum?
I studied with Schweser curriculum, but don’t want miss anything valuable that can apeear during the exam.
Thanx in advance!

Can anybody share ideas?

Too late to worry about this, buddy, but if you’re that interested, a simple search will bring up numerous threads documenting the differences.
Remember, make sure you come back for the afternoon session, and good luck to you.

You may as well rip the EOC questions out of the CFA books and throw the rest of the text across all three levels in the bin (that’s probably a tip for Lever oners).
This week should be a final review, not deciding between CFA or Schweser.

Thank you guys for help!
Good luck to you too.

As Skill… said, search numerous threads here.
If you haven’t done the 07-09 old AM exams available from CFA websites, make sure covering them in the next several days. (very, very important)
Then if time allows, pick a few EOC Qs from each ch. just get familiarized with CFA Q formats.
Please note that CFAI tends to be very wordy in their Q answers (impossible to write all its answers down in the real exam unless ur a robot with ultimate writing and thinking ability). So consider Schweser advice about “for the exam” when you review CFA answers in your practice.
Good luck to you.

FI is far better in CFAI than Schweser, IMO.

Dont get why you wait til the last week to ask this question.
If you have been using exclusively Schweser, you have a shot tho. If you understand it all you can easily knock the real exam out of the park. Schweser does a nice job covering most things, but i would go thru the cfai example questions if time allowed, and def the 2007-2009 exams. The differences are subtle, but you want to know how cfai attacks problems.

And to Spongebob’s point, I think CFAI explains everything better than Schweser. Its a lot longer, but because of that they break most concepts down pretty simply. If you are wiling to invest the 150 hours to read thru CFAI, you should do it. Obviously its too late for this now, but i think its the best chance of passing.

Best chance of passing is making sure you know your strong points and not miss questions on those. Spend the next few days having a strategy answering questions and working on the material you kinda of know to try to pick up a few extra points.

返回列表
上一主题:GIPS - Those nagging questions!
下一主题:Dollar Duration - CFAI shows 2 formulae