上一主题:Reading 33 - Equities as an Inflation Hedge
下一主题:Schweser Practice Exam Vol 1 vs. CFAI exams
返回列表 发帖

ethics: fair dealing

Let’s say you have an uncle who has a client account at your firm and you don’t have a beneficial ownership. But something changes and you end up with beneficial ownership. according to the standard, what are you required to do?
a. the uncle is a regular paying client, so treat the account like any other client account.
b. tell the uncle to switch the account to another firm.
c. tell another person at your firm to take over the account.

My best guess is B.

If I overhear some material nonpublic information that is detrimental to the company, but perform my own analysis and determine that the investment is bad and act on the analysis, do I breach any standard?
If my firm requires us to hold records of trades for only 4 years, and I don’t change it, do I breach any standard?

You can’t trade on inside information, regardless.

Hmmm…
If you have MNPI, you’re prohibited from trading on the information, so you still breach the standard on integrity of capital markets.
I think you’re still complying with Record Retention for the second question, because you’re following the firm’s rules on that.

let’s say i hear information about a factory being underutilized, but my investment research after hearing this information is based on another product in another country not meeting demand, so I sell the stock….I shouldn’t be violating any standard….
otherwise as soon as I hear any MNPI, the stock should be put on the donottradelist.

返回列表
上一主题:Reading 33 - Equities as an Inflation Hedge
下一主题:Schweser Practice Exam Vol 1 vs. CFAI exams