上一主题:CFAI mock exams from previous years
下一主题:Investments in Associates etc
返回列表 发帖

Becoming a CFAI Member before Passing L3!!

Would you advice to do it or not?
Any benefits to it?!
Thanks

The only real advantage to becoming a member prior to passing L3 is that once you pass L3, you don’t need to screw around with paperwork and finding sponsors since everything should be done. You may need to update your work experience if you don’t have 4 years but that is pretty easy to do via email. I suppose another advantage is access to the jobline on the CFAI website.
The downside is that you have to pay dues each year.

well all my stuff is already approved, and I got an email from CFAI to activate my membership (or basically pay up) this morning, so wondering if I should pay the $225 and activate it or wait till next year!?

PS: so tempting to respond to the email CFAI institute sent me saying:
“You want my $225 membership fee, make my band 10 magically turn into pass” LOL

Will the ability to activate your membership go away at some point so that you have to reapply? If not, then there’s no reason to pay until you pass L3.

My company pays for my membership dues, so I went ahead and joined. Otherwise, no way.

I signed up as regular member just after i passed L2 just because my company is paying. Went on to fail L3 last year but when i passed L3 this year, there was no hassle of paperwork and was awarded the charter this month. So yes, would recommend it after you are not footing the bill for the dues.

返回列表
上一主题:CFAI mock exams from previous years
下一主题:Investments in Associates etc