上一主题:Fixed income...whats the norm..annual or semi annual when no
下一主题:Schweser Practice Exams too "tricky"
返回列表 发帖

Qbank waste of my time vs CFAI MOCK

took the AM session of CFAI mock today. No book peeking and scored lousy 63% in 3hrs. Here’s the thing ive been crunching Qbank DAILY. Ethics definitely improved, which was the goal. But i thought i wud nail FRA in the mock coz Ive been focussing on that area to make it a strong point. On last Q Bank i scored 80% for FRA section with questions spread over intermediate and advanced. Imagine my shock in the FRA section in the Mock when I found most questions to be QUALITATIVE. In fact most questions in the whole AM session had very few calc questions. Wish Schweser wud allow a filter to sort between theory and calculation questions. I feel really unprepared with only 2 wks left. Wil hav 2 see what the PM session of Moch holds. Any1 else had same experience. ie theory vs calculations

You have time. Tons of people on here have said that you will be shocked by how few calculations will be on the actual test, so expect the real test to be like that.

Wow, we are in the exact same boat!! with almost the exact same score.
Qbank has turned out to be garbage.
I just took the afternoon session?, I did worse.

yip. There is stil some time. wil take the PM session tomorrow. Jus spent 2hrs reading portion of ethics. Did u notice there were some calc questions on the mock that were not even covered once in some way or the other on Q Bank. I was stunned and clueless. Not even 1 question in the AM session on Inventories or Taxes. Think my strategy now is, hit PM session tomorrow. Spend Monday understanding each question i get wrong then hit the Schweser Mocks rest of the wk and attempt CFAI Mock again next wkend. Gud thing i took 2 wks off work.

yip. There is stil some time. wil take the PM session tomorrow. Jus spent 2hrs reading portion of ethics. Did u notice there were some calc questions on the mock that were not even covered once in some way or the other on Q Bank. I mean over 4,000 questions and not covered. Lost marks carelessly on those. I was stunned and clueless. Not even 1 question in the AM session on Inventories or Taxes to mention a few. Think strategy now is, hit PM session tomorrow. Spend Monday understanding each question i get wrong then hit the Schweser Mocks rest of the wk and attempt CFAI Mock again next wkend. Gud thing i took 2 wks off work. Good luck Jaees. We can crack this.

Sounds like a good plan!, im doing the same, going over all the junk i got right and wrong, hopefully this helps out.
Thanks Aslamdt!

I hate to complain and all that, but it just feels like Schweser needs to do a better job letting candidates know that the Qbank is not a simulative exam measure.
At least we caught it 2 wks before and not 1 !

which of these is least likely to be true,
A. Qbank has not violated the standards.
B. Qbank has violated the standards by misrepresenting its content.
C. Qbank has violated the standards by not having a reasonable basis for its questions.

返回列表
上一主题:Fixed income...whats the norm..annual or semi annual when no
下一主题:Schweser Practice Exams too "tricky"