返回列表 发帖

Does CFAI proofread their books!

Ok.. I’ve seen NUMEROUS errors in this book, one that REALLY gets me though is the LOS on reading 49..
Cantango.. are you kidding me?
who the hell thinks it’s called a CANtango.
Now I’m no commodities trader, but even I know it’s called contango. not to mention the A key is nowhere near the O key..
Well, I guess I better throw out all my commodities knowledge and learn shit like cantango and borkwordation (i made that one up)

thanks for the laugh! It’s much apperciated at this time of year.

heh.. it’s one thing to misplace a decimal point somewhere, it’s another to have such a dumb typo on a very common term (at least in commodities).. especially in the LOS!!!
If I’m seeing tons of mistakes (I think I probably saw 10 - 15 mistakes so far) at a rate of cramming 450 pages / day down my throat, it just proves that nobody has gone over the curriculum carefully to check for mistakes.

i do 30 - 45 pages / hour.
And I don’t get 100% retention. When I go back and do questions I review concepts that are fuzzy.
I also skim pieces that I know very well. (Like I was really happy when I saw a bunch of pages on quoting conventions for FX, since I know that topic like the back of my hand)

There was this Itemset from 08 Paid mock… Verbatim below..
“Martineau doubts that the Caruso partners fully understand the changing industry dynamics of target firm. She hypothesizes that they would cancel the deal if they did. Concerned that Caruso will eventually cancel……. yada yada.
What the heck is this…
She hypothesizes that they would cancel the deal if they did.

Apparently LTCM was reincarnated into ‘JWM Capital Management’.
No such firm!
google for: “JWM Capital Management”
One of the 3 results that comes up is Vinh Q Tran’s other book, and part of it is pretty much word for word w/ reading 51
fucking moron. first time I EVER heard JWM Partners being called capital management

ppl also have found an error in schweser quick sheet and inconsistency with secret sauce… So it’s not CFAI… I am more annoyed that the quick sheet was wrong than anything, it could cost me points if I didn’t read the material properly.

返回列表