上一主题:CFAI text V6 R44 P64 (solution to Q18)
下一主题:Aternative Invesment Q from mock 2
返回列表 发帖

Test Difficulty Opinion - CFAI Text vs Schweser, et al...

I studied CFAI text and the test was easier than I anticipated/thought it would be (although we won’t know for sure until August - when I will update to hopefully confirm my gut in celebration).
What did you guys think? From one of the posts, seems CFAI text users felt like it went better. Please post what your expected results and study approach was for future LII’ers (which I pray I’m not).
My approach:
1) Spent roughly 200 hours - read CFAI text including most EOC’s (skipped a few).
2) Reviewed my notes (notes really helped firm up the concepts at the time, not as much a strong review tool except for the light stuff).
3) Did all EOC’s/summaries with about two weeks to go (it took longer to read than I thought by 2.5 weeks - my fault, not the text really).
4) Wanted to do mock, but ended up finishing last EOC Friday.
5) Watched occassional video lectures, watching equity late in May, and ethics Thursday & Friday (the newer topics).
6) Felt like I kicked @$$ on the test Saturday - felt like I had to get 40-50 on both (flat out guessed on 3 in the AM and 5 in the PM, confident on most others).
Background:
MS Finance, work not really related.

I found the test was at the level between Basic and intermediate questions in Schwser Pro.

My approach
- Read Schweser notes, do some Schweser EOCs
- Did 2000 Schweser QBank, more highly weighted in weak areas as those emerged
- Watched Schweser videos to reenforce weak areas
- Did all CFAI EOCs
- Took 5 Schweser mocks (74% average across all, increasing as I went along) and CFAI mock (76%)
I did not feel good taking this exam for the most part. Catching a few of their tricks made me paranoid through most of the exam, which led to wasting time reaffirming answers, and me running low on time towards the end. All of the mocks were more straightforward than the real thing. I also had to guess on a much higher number of questions then on any of the mocks, mostly due to add’l ambiguity/time pressure/inclusion of minutia. If I have to re-take I will focus almost exclusive on the CFAI text.

CFAI uses easier problems but written in a confusing tricky manner… Kinda like a professional, easy but infected with a number of venerial issues…

返回列表
上一主题:CFAI text V6 R44 P64 (solution to Q18)
下一主题:Aternative Invesment Q from mock 2