返回列表 发帖

Book 7 (2nd practice exam book)

Is it worth doing?
How does it compare with Book 6 (1st practice exam book)?
How does it compare with the CFAI sample/mocks?
I can’t find much on search and skimming titles and think it might be a good idea to start its own thread.
I recall vaguely that some people found this extreme difficult and not reflective of the test, but rather your ability not to commit suicide.

Sublimity,
It depends on how you feel when you get a score below the benchmark you have set for yourself. Ask yourself first ” Does bad performance freak me out”. If so, i advise not to touch.
Let me tell you my case. I felt that we still have 20+ odd days for the exam and we have lots of time to boost ourselves if the test scores really freaks us out. It would be appropriate that these(volume 2) tests be tackled now rather than some 2 weeks before the exam, so started with Volume 2 mocks and pushed the Volume 1 and CFAI mocks for the next weekend.
I solved 2- 60 Q papers.The questions are really good and it was a nice learning experience, testing the concepts to core especially in some sections. They are quite computational, which i like because i have an engineering background and totally new to finance. I always preferred quantitative type to Qual type.
Alert: I had a bad experience with Level1 Volume 2, It almost killed me, but at the end everything went well. I am just hoping the same with this beast too. I am ready to absorb anything and brave enough to do what ever i can for that PASS on my results page
Good luck friend..
Hope this helps..

Dax2IB,
Thanks for your well thought out response, it was very helpful.
Bad scores don’t freak me out too much. For example, Schweser Level 1, Volume 2 (Book 7) practice tests killed me too, but I just tried to learn as much as I could and I was OK on test day.
I think I will go through Level 2, Volume 2 practice tests and just pick up what I can without worrying too much about the score.
Hopefully you do not get typhoid again this time, I’d like to take Level 3 with you! : )

Sublimity,
I’m working on Book 7 right now along with book 6. I take Book 6 exams in test mode.
But book 7 problems are only for practice. Learn from mistakes and move on.
Some of them are really good to solidify the concepts.
I only solved test 1 AM so far. That did not sound too bad… I’m not sure if CFAI would put similar traps, but it will for sure improve your ability to identify traps in the questions.
At level 1, I neither solved book 6 nor book 7. But this exam is different and need to do as much we can.
Good luck with ur prep ! I would not say test, you won’t need luck on the day to pass or even ace the test.

返回列表