上一主题:DILUTED SHARES QUESTION
下一主题:Schweser Secret Sauce
返回列表 发帖

Ethics 5 may be a simple one. I made it wrong.

Nick O’Donnell, CFA, unsuspectingly joins the research team at Wickett & Co., an investment banking firm controlled by organized crime. None of the managers at Wickett are CFA Institute members. Because of his tenuous situation at Wickett, O’Donnell begins making preparations for independent practice. He knows he will be terminated if he informs management at Wickett that he is preparing to leave. Consequently, he determines that “if he can just hang on for one year, he will likely have a client base sufficient for him to strike out on his own.” This action is:
A) a violation of his fiduciary duties.
B) not a violation of his duty to employer.
C) a violation of his duty to disclose conflicts to his employer.

hah! what a BULLSHIT question!
but anyway, it doesn’t say what the preparations he is making are, but I would go for B

I would say A.

why A?
You can prepare to go into business on your own as long as you don’t:
- approach clients
- take files
etc etc etc
Just because he intends to leave in a year is a violation?

I agree he’s violating something, but it doesn’t appear to be fiduciary duty or disclosure to employer.
B

the “only” violation here is he should have dissociated from illegal activity as soon as he realised it was illegal (so quite a big one!).
Looking for employment is not a disclosable conflict and provided it’s on his own time, no fiduciary failure. So B.

what was the answer here?

A.
He intends to do something evil with the his employees clients when he leaves. or does fiducially on refers tl clients not employyer as well?
isn’t planning to steal employeers clients not a violation?
what is the answer?

返回列表
上一主题:DILUTED SHARES QUESTION
下一主题:Schweser Secret Sauce