上一主题:Margin Call Question...
下一主题:Reading 21 EOC no 26
返回列表 发帖

John Harris - any alternative?

Hi,
I failed L2 primarily due to weak FRA. I heard alot about John Harris workshop. However, I cannot attend his course as I am in south east asia and don’t ve visa (right now i feel to fly to attend his course - so desperate i am). Does he offer online classes? What alternative should i seek?

You should e-mail him persanally and see if he has any advice for you. I attended his workshop for Level I and felt like it was the best thing ever! He definitely is worth a buck

The John Harris course it the best bang for your buck, hands down. Even though I didn’t pass, I breezed through FRA and scored above a 70.
I’ll be retaking the accounting class in 2010.

For me the biggest benefit wasn’t just his class, but the materials and confidence you left with. In addition, it was great to be able to call him with questions, which I did right before the test. It really helped me nail FSA so I could focus on other areas and I ended up passing.

Oustanding teacher. Very passionate about accounting. He has about 200+ questions part of his teaching material. Just working on these prepared me well enough for the exam. The level of difficulty is/was reflective of the exam. Definitely recommend him.

you will walk out of his class knowing every concept cold and precisely how to apply them. i can’t recommend this guy’s class enough.

John Harris vs. Peter Olinto. Coming this spring on pay-per-view.

As suggested, I emailed to John Harris and will call him next week. But, I am sure that its difficult to form a group and request John Harris to conduct workshop here. I prefer to refrain from such activity, as it will take lot of time and efforts. Most importantly, I doubt I can form group as this place is small.
Alternatively, some people suggested the name of Peter Olinto. I don’t have expertise to compare John Harris, neither I want to indulge in this futile exercise. I need solution to convert my weakness in FRA to strength. I never used stalla but heard that Stalla CD lectures are good enough in this.

peter olinto if i am not wrong, is in stalla FRA video and what i have heard he is really amazing(though i have never use him)
you are indian?

I barely knew level 1 accounting material coming into his class for level 2 and FSA killed me on my past 2 tries on level 2 so I decided to take John Harris’s course this year if I had any hope.
Well I scored “51%-70%” on the FSA this time around and I probably put in 30-40 hours total on FSA this year.
The real key to learning accounting from John Harris is that he walks you through the material and shows you how to do questions, its tricks, and then drills it into your head. If you can do all his questions on his sample workbook I your you’ll be in safely in the 51-70% zone.

返回列表
上一主题:Margin Call Question...
下一主题:Reading 21 EOC no 26